Today a special listening

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
That matches my experience. Changing the "mains" will likely require a sub adjustment regarding placement, volume level, x-over setting, etc. The reverse is also true. I'm taking it slow, avoiding OC behavior and enjoying the process. I think I found the "magic" combination or, at least to my ear, something that's pretty darn close.

It's always a long tedious process, but worth it in the end. What makes it easier is if you can measure (REW is free). It gets you 90% of the way there, then use your ears for final tuning.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I would have agreed with this statement until I optimized my recently purchased Joseph Audio Pulsar speakers with a single REL T7i sub in my new house. In many instances, it is the equal or better than my previous speakers including the MBL 116's and the Martin Logan Summit. As we all know, it's all in the details.

I am beyond thrilled with the results.

Congrats on the new speakers and sub. You sure change transducer types over time - ESLs, omnis and now cones. I heard Joseph Audios at RMAF a few years back and they were outstanding..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing