Stranger Things

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
With the paucity of good movies as well as most of the good Cable or Netflix shows my wife and I started hearing a lot of poeple talking about this series. This plus the fact that it has won the emmy the past 2 years for best dramatic series.

Suffice it to say my wife and I loved this series and watched both seasons in a week. Don't laugh as the series is addicting

The kids who star in this series are absolutely superb

If you are into sci-fi especially involving a parallel universe along with a young kid with super powers, then put away all of your disbeliefs and get lost in this series

Definitely you'll have fun watching as these kids are special young actors

The series has collected 18 emmy nominations and has been renewed for a 3rd season

Stranger Things is Netflix number one franchise

We loved it and hope you do as well

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
My mistake was watching Beyond Stranger Things. I love the series but seeing the kids be themselves was a bit much for me as I fear they may lose touch with reality as they grow older. I know that sounds silly, but things like that bother me being an educator.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Your right Steve been watching it since season 2 started binged like you did.

Steve Williams

My mistake was watching Beyond Stranger Things. I love the series but seeing the kids be themselves was a bit much for me as I fear they may lose touch with reality as they grow older. I know that sounds silly, but things like that bother me being an educator.

Your right Steve been watching it since season 2 started binged like you did.

I see your point DSkip but this series was so different and so much fun. These kids are naturals.

Who the heck are the Duffer Brothers anyway?

What a hit they have

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The first season is nice. Not great imo but nice.

Now just started with Godless. Let's see how that develops.

Also have to do generation kill

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..just made it thru season 2 Steve and enjoyed it especially the quirky kid with the curly hair

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..I also have enjoyed all 6 seasons of Longmire...sorry to see season 6 was a wrap

Steve Williams

..just made it thru season 2 Steve and enjoyed it especially the quirky kid with the curly hair
Gaten Matarazzo (born September 8th, 2002) is an American actor best known for his portrayal of main character Dustin Henderson in the Netflix original sci-fi series Stranger Things.

He's the kid who plays Dustin--Gaten Matarazzo

In 2011, Matarazzo was cast an alternate for the Broadway production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: The Musical.

Matarazzo has only acted in theater and television, without taking any film roles since his career début in the year of 2011. Dustin Henderson from Stranger Things does not have any front teeth, as does Matarazzo. He has a condition that delays his development and growth called cleidocranial dysplasia. He frequently shows off his fake teeth whilst on the red carpet, including his time on the premiere of Stranger Things.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
..I also have enjoyed all 6 seasons of Longmire...sorry to see season 6 was a wrap
agree been a fan of that show before they moved to Netflix

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I think season 1 is phenomenal. It's so good I haven't been able to bring myself to watch season 2. IMO it's in my top 5 TV style shows ever, maybe top 3, 2, or 1....

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I think season 1 is phenomenal. It's so good I haven't been able to bring myself to watch season 2. IMO it's in my top 5 TV style shows ever, maybe top 3, 2, or 1....

The first season was MUCH better than the second IMO, but the second isn't bad. The feel is the same but the writing just wasn't as good for me.

Right now my children are enjoying the wonders of the Andy Griffith Show during the day.

Steve Williams

The first season was MUCH better than the second IMO, but the second isn't bad. The feel is the same but the writing just wasn't as good for me.

Right now my children are enjoying the wonders of the Andy Griffith Show during the day.

I totally agree. Season one for me was the element of suspense and wonder. Season 2 is all of the above but now the graphics of these monsters doesn't leave anything to the imagination. Having said that the series is a diamond in the rough. With the season 2 ending cliffhanger there is no doubt that there is more to come of the upside down

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just started this one based on the good reviews here and the whole family is hooked. My wife and kids shun horror shows but I told them this is not the Conjuring or Annabelle type horror so they tried to watch the first episode and wanted more episodes each night. I said cut-off time to head to bed is 11.30 pm. :D

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just finished the last episode of season 2 and everyone loved the two seasons. Remarkable recreation of the 80s, cars, computers, walkie talkie, curly hairdo, what a great effort, complete with music of those times. Can't wait for the next season.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
^ It has a great retro feel to it. So does mindkiller

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Everyone at home loved Dustin, and felt bad for him that he lost out to Lucas in the ball dance with Max. At least his 'pet' loved him to obey him in the end. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing