The Wilson Mezzo

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Wilson Audio displayed their new Mezzo Center Channel Speaker at CES 2011.

• Driver Complement identical to the Sasha W/P
• Modular construction with separate, optimized enclosures for each of the
driver sections.
• Adjustable Propagation Delay accommodating a variety of theater
applications.
• Main enclosure constructed from X-Material
• S-Material midrange baffle; S is the latest composite derived from Wilson’s
ongoing materials research
• Adjustable for floor or stand mount.
• Frequency and dynamic range similar to the Sasha W/P
• Available first quarter of 2011

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That speaker is going to need one HEFTY stand!

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
msrp?

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I have the Wilson Audio Mezzo center channel speaker in my system now. It's been active for two weeks. The Polaris for me was too large and pricey but definitely would have worked. The Mezzo has replaced my Watch center. The change has been very dramatic in the soundstaging. With the Watch center in the system I could at times dependent on the recording tell the center was active. The vocals on Blu Ray audio music discs are now sounding like vocals, by that I mean a bit of sweetness and air around them. It actually sounds like I added a third Watt Puppy if that makes any sense? The Mezzo is able to "disappear" into the front soundstage. I am sure due to the three way design and the crossover in the speaker. This is the Titanium tweeter version. I chose it for another reason. It matches the sonic signature of my Watt Puppy 7's, which are being replaced by Maxx3's which still have the same Titanium tweeter. I will be extremely happy then. It definitely isn't cheap but for me worth it as it has filled the void I had in my room as far as getting a proper soundstaging with music and movie playback.

Last edited:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I have the Wilson Audio Mezzo center channel speaker in my system now. It's been active for two weeks. The Polaris for me was too large and pricey but definitely would have worked. The Mezzo has replaced my Watch center. The change has been very dramatic in the soundstaging. With the Watch center in the system I could at times dependent on the recording tell the center was active. The vocals on Blu Ray audio music discs are now sounding like vocals, by that I mean a bit of sweetness and air around them. It actually sounds like I added a third Watt Puppy if that makes any sense? The Mezzo is able to "disappear" into the front soundstage. I am sure due to the three way design and the crossover in the speaker. This is the Titanium tweeter version. I chose it for another reason. It matches the sonic signature of my Watt Puppy 7's, which are being replaced by Maxx3's which still have the same Titanium tweeter. I will be extremely happy then. It definitely isn't cheap but for me worth it as it has filled the void I had in my room as far as getting a proper soundstaging with music and movie playback.

Very happy for you. Before I bought my Rockports, I had MAXX 3's. I went from WP 8's to the Maxx 3's. The MAXX 3's are a significantly better speaker than the WP...And your wp 7's are GREAT speakers in their own right.

Might should ask this on another thread...what Blu Ray player are you using? I'd like to get one soon...picture AND SOUND quality are important for me....

Thanks

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com

So happy you are enjoying the Mezzo so much, Vern! I hope to upgrade my center with a Mezzo one of these days as well.

When will the Maxx's be arriving?

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
So happy you are enjoying the Mezzo so much, Vern! I hope to upgrade my center with a Mezzo one of these days as well.

When will the Maxx's be arriving?

Well after contacting a well known source, I was told around 4-6 weeks after the holidays! ;)

I'll be content for awhile when the custom pedestal stand for the Mezzo arrives and then prepare for bliss when the Maxx's arrive.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Very happy for you. Before I bought my Rockports, I had MAXX 3's. I went from WP 8's to the Maxx 3's. The MAXX 3's are a significantly better speaker than the WP...And your wp 7's are GREAT speakers in their own right.

Might should ask this on another thread...what Blu Ray player are you using? I'd like to get one soon...picture AND SOUND quality are important for me....

Thanks

Sorry, I failed to reply in a timely manner to your question, my bad! I have followed you and your system upgrades on Audiogon,LOL. I have the Oppo BDP-105 sitting on the Bright Star big rock platform. Power cord is a BMI Whale elite MKII. Transparent Super XLR balanced from the player. I have a ton of questions for you when you owned your Maxx 3's. Not many owners to get feedback from. I want to have EVS modify the player for better two channel audio and improve the video if possible.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
On custom ordered Wilson stand.

Attachments

• Mezzo center on Wilson stand.jpg
    Mezzo center on Wilson stand.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 139

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing