Trans Fi Salvation rim drive tt and Terminator air-bearing linear tracking arm

Finally after 22 long months, I get my analog rig reinstalled. If there’s any interest in it, I’m very happy to chat further.
To kick off, here’s the link to the designer’s web page:

www.trans-fi.com Step009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's like being complimented and insulted all at the same time LOL.
Yes, correct.
I know someone who owns collectable vinyl and loves tts, yet doesn't own one to play them.
I guess the human condition is to be a contradiction.

c1, there are some similarities w the also-discontinued TTWeights Gem rim drive tts from a few years back.

Massy plinth, heavy oversize platter, reliance on high torque direct rim-drive.

The big difference w the Salvation is Vic the designer eschewed the TTW Teres Verus-style motor using servo and O-rings, for an analogue, non-servo, non-feedback motor, using an oversize Delrin rim wheel.

The Verus could never be relied on by Vic. Additionally, he found any servo feedback introduced both a cold colouration, and bass imprecision.

So he went for an overspecced motor, and speed controller that needs tweaking for accuracy every few days. Set and forget (well, for 48 hrs at least).

Vic's expts w speed/servo feedback control always produced a worse sound despite measurements being "superior".

Last edited:
Reactions: Vienna
Marc, I appreciate the photos. Thanks Bill. Are there any showing the whole room with speakers and listening chair?

I did not know you have a rack. Why not put the turntable up at a more user-friendly height? Why is it on the ground?

The joys of the dedicated room, Ked. Always looks good when out of the way of day-to-day living, and decor/symmetry as far as you can go.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing