Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Horns 2017

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    I know Ked has fairly strong views on these, but any other opinions/experiences of Sadurni horns?
    Either the original flagships $45k Staccatos, or newer $25k Miracolis?
    I've heard from fellow 5One2 Audio buds that the Sadurnis are quite good. Located near Austin, I plan to hear them this month, hopefully.
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (HQPlayer w/DEQ, Roon) | AQ Cinnamon CAT7 cable | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Hifi Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp | Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room (absorption/diffusion)

Hello,

You guys are lucky putting new speakers in the room and get fantastic sound the first start.
    When I first replaced my YG Sonia with Gamma II, it was a disappointment. In fact, I was shaking my head and thought what I was doing to myself..hahaha.
    Took me no less than 6 months to get the sound I am enjoying right now. It is amazing how a pair of 7' tall each with a meter wide horn, plus two pair of 16" bass drivers backload horns facing right at you can completely get out of the way when music is played.

Congratulation to all who get superb sound from their horn right at the first day.

Tang

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    sbo6, please report back. Ked’s report was pretty lukewarm on the Sadurnis to say the least.
    Are you planning to hear both models?

Blog Entries
    sbo6, please report back. Ked’s report was pretty lukewarm on the Sadurnis to say the least.
    You should also check with Marty
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

I did.

I need to get with Jorge to see if we can visit him over the holiday break. Work has been nuts so hopefully I have some time. Whatever he has at his disposal I'll listen to. I know several folks heard his speakers at another meet and were impressed. Will be glad to report back.
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (HQPlayer w/DEQ, Roon) | AQ Cinnamon CAT7 cable | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Hifi Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp | Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room (absorption/diffusion)

Still absolutely loving my Animas.

Mani.
    Main system: Phasure Mach II audio PC (for XXHighEnd @24/705.6) -> Phasure NOS1 G3 DAC -> Thöress/Elrog 300B mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
    Office system: 28-thread audio PC (for HQPlayer @24/705.6) -> Phasure NOS1 G3 DAC -> 'The Truth' preamp -> BD-Design BD30-SPR monos -> Impulse H2 horn speakers
    Needle drops: Townshend Rock, London (Decca) Reference, Technics SP10, Benz LP-S, Thöress Phono Enhancer, Prism AD124 ADC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manisandher View Post
    Still absolutely loving my Animas.

Mani.
    Nice.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Hello,

You guys are lucky putting new speakers in the room and get fantastic sound the first start.
    When I first replaced my YG Sonia with Gamma II, it was a disappointment. In fact, I was shaking my head and thought what I was doing to myself..hahaha.
    Took me no less than 6 months to get the sound I am enjoying right now. It is amazing how a pair of 7' tall each with a meter wide horn, plus two pair of 16" bass drivers backload horns facing right at you can completely get out of the way when music is played.

Congratulation to all who get superb sound from their horn right at the first day.

Tang
    Could you please highlight what kinds of things you did to finally get an excellent sound from the Gammas? I had only a bit of positioning to do with my Odeons (admittedly a MUCH smaller horn system) to get great sound.
    Industry Affiliation:

Sound Castles klg
    Swiss Importer/distributor for Aries Cerat Ltd.
    www.soundcastles.ch

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Nice.
    If you're ever in the Warwickshire area...

Mani.
    Main system: Phasure Mach II audio PC (for XXHighEnd @24/705.6) -> Phasure NOS1 G3 DAC -> Thöress/Elrog 300B mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
    Office system: 28-thread audio PC (for HQPlayer @24/705.6) -> Phasure NOS1 G3 DAC -> 'The Truth' preamp -> BD-Design BD30-SPR monos -> Impulse H2 horn speakers
    Needle drops: Townshend Rock, London (Decca) Reference, Technics SP10, Benz LP-S, Thöress Phono Enhancer, Prism AD124 ADC

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast