Fremer is reporting that Charlie Hansen passed away yesterday...

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Very sad news...

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Could only find Facebook?

Charles Hansen 1956 - 2017

With heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that Charles Hansen, founder of Ayre Acoustics, has passed away on November 28th, 2017. Those who knew Charley knew that he was a passionate man who always stood up for what he believed to be right. His family knew him as a loving and dedicated father of his two children. With the passing of Charley, the world has lost one of the most creative and innovative minds in the audio industry and we have lost a good friend.

While we can never replace Charley, his spirit lives on in the team at Ayre. We are dedicated to continuing his mission of creating and manufacturing the best sounding audio equipment in the world. Most importantly, we will be there for our friends, partners, and customers who have supported us over the years. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at any time.

We wish you all the best over the holidays, and please play an album for Charley sometime.

Dear God I hope not true--one of the powers of the Hi End

BruceD

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
And one not afraid to speak his mind on controversial subjects, like MQA, which he thought was nonsense !! That, alone endeared him to me !!!

Also not afraid to make an ass of himself when he receives negative feedback. See his many YouTube and audio site comments. Talk about thin skin...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sb06, probably not the time to be snipey.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Also not afraid to make an ass of himself when he receives negative feedback. See his many YouTube and audio site comments. Talk about thin skin...

Maybe a little compassion is in order at this time. Just a thought for you to consider.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
And one not afraid to speak his mind on controversial subjects, like MQA, which he thought was nonsense !! That, alone endeared him to me !!!

+ 1!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Respect. I am one of those who stand up for what we think is right, and I admire those who do the same - at any cost. RIP and thank you!

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Douchebag comment.

Dan31,

All the best to Charlie Hansen and his family. He did some great innovating for audio. In particular very good DACs and amps that I've heard.

That's completely separate from the Fremer integrity comments, mine were 100% true and genuine.

WRT your comment - I never insulted you so shut it big mouth keyboard warrior.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing