Untitled Document

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Recommend me a SS pre.....

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by jackelsson View Post
    I'm just bumping this thread up to see if there are anymore ideas coming up in regard to a SS preamp in the Pass XP-30 range with min. 3 XLR Inputs...
    question intrigues...so kept mulling...here's another : Plinius Reference M10Name:  Plinius-Reference-M-10-RM-10.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  58.6 KB

and the Luxman C-900U

Name:  luxman-c900u_rear-600x600.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  29.5 KB
    Last edited by BMCG; 02-06-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Indra; Preamp: Spectral Audio DMC-30SS; Amps: Spectral Audio DMA 360v2 Monoblocks; Analog Cables: MIT Oracle; Power Cables: MIT Oracle; Digital: Bespoke Server [AO WinS 16, HDPlex 400 LPS, Pachanko Loom, JCAT FEMTO NET & USB Card / Regen Isolator --> Vivaldi DAC and Clock [ChordMusic Clock Cables; Vertere HB Pulse USB]; Racks: Finite Elemente Pagode Edition HD4 and HD9 Amp Supports. Power: Shunyata Triton & DPC-6 v3

Burmester 808 MKV.
    Kindest regards.
    R.

Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life - Ludwig Van Beethoven

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    FM acoustics
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Well,

You could always choose to roll with the sterile/clinical crowd and forego a PreAmp altogether

Apparently, its the way forward, so I hear. I suppose that crowd has a point if budget is of concern given the influx of new 32Bit DAC/PRE's on the market.

I myself remain skeptical that this is the path forward given past experience but I do seem drawn to the idea every now and again, for reasons unknown but most likely cost related even if I don't realize it yet.

Anyway, not that any of this reply answers the OP's question but at least worth a moment of forethought if nothing else. I'll probably take a short detour and try the DAC Direct route again just to make sure I'm not going insane and to confirm my past experience/attempts. If I come to same conclusion again, that a PreAmp is a must have, I will lay down my hard earned on a new Pass Labs XP22 and take it to my grave

Happy Hunting
    Music is the brandy of the damned - George Bernard Shaw

My Audio System Link

I’m using the C900u with D’Agostino M400 monos and love the combo. They complement each other very well.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphongryph View Post
    Joe

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789