MastersounD BoX - 35 watts of single ended power for 1.490,00€

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
A few articles are hitting the internet now and I feel the need to 'announce' it somewhat to our members. MastersounD's new integrated amplifier, the BoX, is hitting the European market this month with other markets to follow shortly thereafter. While this amplifier holds true to the single ended designs MastersounD is known for, the chassis is a far cry from what has been released thus far. I've never been one to like enclosed tube amps, but I think they did a wonderful job on this one with the window on the front.

Power will be provided by three el34 per channel, producing 35 watts of parallel single ended power. It will also include a phono input and four other line level inputs. Best of all is the price - for those in Europe, you get all of this for an incredible price of 1.490,00€.

http://hifipickup.it/mastersound-box/

mastersound_box-16.jpg

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I'm wondering if SE EL84 would have been better?

Disclaimer: I no longer officially represent MastersounD.

I think you are missing the point of this design. This is meant to be an ‘every man’ type of design, providing substantial single ended power in an integrated that can be afforded by many enthusiasts and also power many more speakers than simply high efficiency ones. This amp also deals well with multiple driver configurations that I’ve found other, more expensive and higher quality amplifiers in the line to struggle with.

This is an entry point into their amplifiers that is intended to generate the enthusiasm to continue up the line and build around their amplifier topology as consumers grow. An el84 amplifier could not have done this.

flm09

May 1, 2020
Disclaimer: I no longer officially represent MastersounD.

I think you are missing the point of this design. This is meant to be an ‘every man’ type of design, providing substantial single ended power in an integrated that can be afforded by many enthusiasts and also power many more speakers than simply high efficiency ones. This amp also deals well with multiple driver configurations that I’ve found other, more expensive and higher quality amplifiers in the line to struggle with.

This is an entry point into their amplifiers that is intended to generate the enthusiasm to continue up the line and build around their amplifier topology as consumers grow. An el84 amplifier could not have done this.
Ok gotcha! Thanks for clarifying!

SVS

Jan 19, 2020
Ukraine, Vinnytsia
sound-design-atelier.com

SVS

Jan 19, 2020
Ukraine, Vinnytsia
sound-design-atelier.com
Which ones gets used the most?
I prefer SE amplifiers. All amplifiers play any music material very well. 811 I like more analytical, 6C33C reproduces the sound more energetically, my son likes it. These are amplifiers for every day. 811 + 6?33? gives the sound of a live concert, the atmosphere of the hall is felt. I have not heard such a sound from other tubes. I do not listen to the device often, only when there is a lot of free time.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I too prefer SE amps. I finally found solid state I thought was better and affordable in the Norma gear. If you want something you can leave on I highly recommend their products. Image weight, organic sound, incredible spatial presentation and clarity are all there.

flm09

May 1, 2020
I too prefer SE amps. I finally found solid state I thought was better and affordable in the Norma gear. If you want something you can leave on I highly recommend their products. Image weight, organic sound, incredible spatial presentation and clarity are all there.
I never heard of Norma amps? Is this an abbreviation? Please give me full name so I can Google it

flm09

May 1, 2020
I prefer SE amplifiers. All amplifiers play any music material very well. 811 I like more analytical, 6C33C reproduces the sound more energetically, my son likes it. These are amplifiers for every day. 811 + 6?33? gives the sound of a live concert, the atmosphere of the hall is felt. I have not heard such a sound from other tubes. I do not listen to the device often, only when there is a lot of free time.
Yes, I heard BAT gear long time ago using 6C33C. But never tried as no balance preamp. Nice clear view into the music. Nice sweet sound. Not familiar with 811 tube though. I know of 805/845 or 211. And prefer 300b driving them. But some say its more mellow that's why your son prefer 6C33C.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing