LG’s OLED phone screens are bad, but its TVs are top-notch—what gives?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...are-bad-but-its-tvs-are-top-notch-what-gives/

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I don't know. But everytime I go to CostCo there is an LG starring me in the face when I walk in, and it looks entirely surreal with the color saturation.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Speaking of OLED and LG TVs:

http://televisions.reviewed.com/fea...creen-burn-in-problems-causes-image-retention
http://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/permanent-image-retention-burn-in-lcd-oled

Additional (experience from an OLED TV owner):

LG taken to court over burn-in issues and... lose have to fully refund customer

"Hello everyone,

i bought a lg b6 oled 55 inch tv 2016 at last years’s black friday.

best tv image i have ever seen point blank, no other tv has such an impressive black levels and colors in general i was showing to everyone i knew how in my point of view it was the best tv in the world.

after 11 month of use only, some burn in started to appear at multiple places in the screen, kids watches baby tv and the4:3 footprint was clearly seen with 2 lines each sides no big deal. could only see it in full red,see im not a difficult customer?

my cable provider hdpvr has a yellow menu selection, something strange happened, started to see a small green print in the middle. no worries i told myself.

then one night i made the mistake to fall asleep infront of tv and for some reasons the pvr overrided the tv screensaver and it did stay on the menu of the pvr all night.

day after ... wow perfect and total burn in with the date and letters of the recorded show thatstayed there. i then tried multiple time to clear noise 6 times but could barely see any difference.

i found out on quebec province court website that another person has taken lg to court for that and won.

i then called the retailer that sold me my tv, and after telling them about my problem they agreed to replace the panels and everything got it repaird and now 1 month after burn in started to reappear but im not sure if its only noise or burn in.

i created this account to warn everyone on this thread lg nor the retailer never told me that this thing could happen and then i read on their website u cant keep watching a channel that has something static in it for more than 1 hour. is this a joke ?

paid almost 3k for that tv, if it does burn in again i also will take lg and my retailer to court to have full refund this product is a scam and i will post the severe burn in here so u can see.

just wanted to warn everyone that this product does not look like reliable at all and i was lucky to have a very good retailer cuz lg does not stand behind their products and refuse to take care of it.

here is the court case link but its in french :

here :

CONDAMNE solidairement les défenderesses LG Électronique et Centre Hi-Fi GS Carrefour à payer à monsieur André Gauvreau la somme de 3 964,33 $ avec intérêts au taux légal plus l’indemnité additionnelle prévue à l’article 1619 du Code civil du Québec à compter du 22 février 2016;

so basically lg did not send anyone and had to refund the whole tv after 11 months of use, maybe people on this forum will start to realize that this problem is real and that i can happen very quickly so please don’t do like in other threads where you attack people that tell you about burn in problems.

i will post the link later says i cant because i have less than 5 posts. 5 posts will come quickly with the hostility i will face here.

thanks i feel a bit better by warning everyone because i am very very very frustrated."

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing