Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DACs that excel at DSD playback (other than Lampi GG)?

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    I've used "analytical" is its widely accepted, borderline pejorative use. I see you have a different understanding of what it means.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...ssary-glossary
    What's "analytical" to listener A in his system, room and ears is "detailed" to listener B in his system, room and ears. If the Aqua is analytical, give me more of it with the upgrade :-)
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (DEQ, HQPlayer, Roon) | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Acoustic Quality Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp (mid/tweet) | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp (woofers)| Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room)

Quote Originally Posted by abeidrov View Post
    Hi Tang,
    How did you end up with the Aqua Formula? Have you had a chance to compare it to other DACs?
    Thanks, Aziz
    Hello Aziz,

To be honest, I read MikeL's positive comments in one of the threads here and the price didnt prohibit me to try so I had my agent ordered from Italy. I am more analog person. I dont play digital much because of my low computer literacy. But my wife and some friends like to listen to cds so I have one tail in digital.

I didnt compare with other brands. I needed a dac to play with my transport. I just took the risk. Before Aqua, I had Berkely Reference, top Soulution, Audionet, EAR dac. The best digital I heard was actually in my room with Aqua and my JMF transport when Michael of Zellaton brought his own cd to do a demo of Schnerzinger devices. It didnt sound like my analog, but sounded extraordinary.

Kind regards,
    Tang

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    It didnt sound like my analog, but sounded extraordinary.
    Considering your analog is 10 fold more than your digital that's a pretty compelling testament in company with such high end analog.
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (DEQ, HQPlayer, Roon) | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Acoustic Quality Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp (mid/tweet) | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp (woofers)| Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    The JMF transport is similar cost to the kronos?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Hello Aziz,

To be honest, I read MikeL's positive comments in one of the threads here and the price didnt prohibit me to try so I had my agent ordered from Italy. I am more analog person. I dont play digital much because of my low computer literacy. But my wife and some friends like to listen to cds so I have one tail in digital.

I didnt compare with other brands. I needed a dac to play with my transport. I just took the risk. Before Aqua, I had Berkely Reference, top Soulution, Audionet, EAR dac. The best digital I heard was actually in my room with Aqua and my JMF transport when Michael of Zellaton brought his own cd to do a demo of Schnerzinger devices. It didnt sound like my analog, but sounded extraordinary.

Kind regards,
    Tang
    Tang, are your comments wrt the Aqua with or without the upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    The JMF transport is similar cost to the kronos?
    LOL, one of Tang's cartridges costs as much as the Aqua, forget the TT, phono pre or any isolation!

Quote Originally Posted by sbo6 View Post
    Tang, are your comments wrt the Aqua with or without the upgrade?
    Without the upgrade. I havent contacted Aqua whether there is a way to upgrade without having sent back to Italy.

Tang

Without the upgrade. I havent contacted Aqua whether there is a way to upgrade without having sent back to Italy.

Tang
    Thanks Tang. I thought someone on this forum said it can be done local in the US, not sure about Bangkok.

Steve

I got the answer from Aqua that I could only upgrade if shipping to Italy.
    Speakers: Tidal Contriva G2;
    Amplifiers: Audiopax Maggiore M100 and L50;
    Digital: Aqua Formula DAC; Sonore Signature Rendu SE; Windows PC with Roon and HQPlayer;
    Cables: Curious USB; Schnerzinger X2000 IC and Speaker Cables with Schnerzinger powered Cleaners.
    Furutech FP-S55N in wall cable and NCF outlets.

Same here, guess I was wrong. I have to ship to Italy also. Will likely do it in the spring.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast