..as a VSA owner..

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
do you ever feel like the world is a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes? Call me paranoid but on this board and many others, I've gotten negative responses when I mention VSA speakers. There seems to be a prevailing negative bias toward Albert and his speakers and I just don't get it. Having compared my VR5 Anniversaries to other speakers in and beyond their price range, they are right up there. Yet very few of our audio brethren have anything good to say about them. I find it very off-putting.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
ES347-MikeL has had good things to say about VS speakers. I personally have never heard a pair so I have nothing to say about them one way or the other. Since I only live about an hour from you, invite me up for a listening session sometime and I will share my impressions for whatever that is worth.

mep

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Hmm, I haven't seen any negative comments either. In fact, a lot of us are drooling at those two beautiful VSA systems in the Philippines... Come to think of it, there are three WBF systems in the Philippines that could easily be considered in the top five of all WBF members? True?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As a fellow VS owner, I too haven't seen anything negative my friend. :)

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Could be that bottle of single barrel bourbon I've been working on...but doubtful.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Haven't really seen any of that here, but VSA speakers aren't advertised as much as many other brands. Perhaps it's the unfamiliarity with the brand that others are voicing. You have superb speakers, and your opinion is what counts most.

Lee

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cheer up Gavin, it's probably just the winter doldrums.

Had too much Russian Standard at a birthday party last night. I woke up telling myself I'll never drink again. Apparently I said it out loud because my wife started laughing followed by the familiar "I've heard THAT one before!".

Seriously the wagon is looking mighty nice right now. Ouch!

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing