Sony PS HX500 vs AT LP120

Jo1976

Nov 24, 2017
Hi all...

You probably get this a lot but I've not had a decent TT for years...I'm taking advantage of Black Friday and have found a Sony PS HX500 for £223 and an AT LP120 for £183...(GBP)

I don't have a big budget, even the AT is a bit out of my price range but if the Sony is hugely better then I can stretch to buy it.

I'm not worried about the high res conversion, I want it primarily for listening to my vinyl, not my iPod.

There aren't any comparison reviews for these 2 TTs so I've come to ask you knowledgeable people what you think :)

Also, and this is really cheap, but like I said, I've got budget restraints - I've got a set of Logitech z506 surround speakers, would these be compatible until I can afford something better? Am I presuming correctly that the Sony is ready to go with powered speakers like the AT is, or do I need a pre amp? I've only ever owned hi-fi stack systems :D

Thanks guys for your help!
Jo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing