Van Den Hul Cumulus 3T or Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cable

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi, I currently use Burmester Blu speaker cables. My system comprises Burmester mono amps driving Rockport Aviors. I am looking for a cable upgrade without breaking the bank! I have been contemplating either the Van Den Hul cumulus 3T or the Tellurium Q Silver Diamond.

i will really appreciate some insight and feedback on these cables. While the Tellurium is well reviewed, the VDH has very sparse reviews. Where I am based, I cannot try different cables before buying unfortunately. So user insights on system compatibility etc will be very helpful indeed.

As to the other cables in the system, I am using a combination of Acrolink power cords and Burmester silver interconnects.

Thanks

Sujay

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
Hi Sujay,

I am also considering moving to the Tellurium Q cables. I have been doing quite a bit of research and they seem ideal for my ribbon speakers (Apogee) based on their low inductance, capacitance, and great reviews. But, I have not heard them. I am planning on calling the US distributor later today to get a pair to demo. I will report back if things go as planned.

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi Sujay,

I am also considering moving to the Tellurium Q cables. I have been doing quite a bit of research and they seem ideal for my ribbon speakers (Apogee) based on their low inductance, capacitance, and great reviews. But, I have not heard them. I am planning on calling the US distributor later today to get a pair to demo. I will report back if things go as planned.

Thanks, looking forward to your feedback

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi Sujay,

Sorry for being OT:
Which Apogee model do you have?
Have you already tried Goertz foil cables?
I have very good experience with Goertz foil cables in my Systems...

A friend of mine just bought TQ speaker cables, maybe I can borrow them for a test drive against my Goertzes.

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
Sorry for being OT:
Which Apogee model do you have?
Have you already tried Goertz foil cables?
I have very good experience with Goertz foil cables in my Systems...

A friend of mine just bought TQ speaker cables, maybe I can borrow them for a test drive against my Goertzes.

Hi,

They are Duettas. I have never tried the Goertz but I will check them out. TYVM.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing