Gryphon Audio Designs VIP Series M5 Powercord

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I see there is a new top-of-the-line Gryphon power cable -- with Oyaide connectors:

image.jpg

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
It has been out for quite a while.
I've had one and more recently two for a couple of years.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
I have been using the VIP Series for the past couple months on my Diablo 300. Mine originally came with Oyaide connectors but just last week I upgrade to Furutech FI-50 NCF series connectors.

parkcaka

Sep 11, 2016
Istanbul
Hello Ron,

I used them briefly with my Mephisto amp.

I had a chance to compare them with my Shunyata Alpha HC and Transparent MM2 power cords.

Silence: 1) Shunyata 2) Gryphon 3) Transparent

Focus: 1) Gryphon 2) Shunyata 3)Transparent

Body: 1) Transparent 2) Gryphon 3) Shunyata

Speed: 1) Gryphon 2) Shunyata 3) Transparent

Stage size & depth: 1) Transparent 2) Shunyata 3) Gryphon

Overall musicality: 1) Transparent 2) Gryphon 3) Shunyata

Detail: 1) Shunyata 2) Gryphon 3) Transparent

I chose Transparent at the end since musicality and emotional connection with the music is my priority. Now I have the new XL ower cords and they are much more detailed and focused than the previous version without losing its famous musicality.

Gryphon's VIP power cord is a nice cable but should not be bought without tying in your system. It has strange/unusual bass. It's deep but a little disconnected from mids and highs.

All of my findings are limited with my than system (magico q3, dcs, gryphon pandora & mephisto) and my ears. :)

Love and respect,

Cagdas

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
A very detailed assessment to be sure.
My only comment would be that I find the bass to be powerful and detailed with a natural tone in my system.
Every system is different of course and the Alexias are quite different to the Pantheons etc.

parkcaka

Sep 11, 2016
Istanbul
A very detailed assessment to be sure.
My only comment would be that I find the bass to be powerful and detailed with a natural tone in my system.
Every system is different of course and the Alexias are quite different to the Pantheons etc.

My speakers were Magico Q3 at the time but you are correct. +1

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
I think we can all agree that the bass is indeed very powerful. I find the VIP Series M5 pretty much augments my Diablo 300's or a Gryphon amplifier's traditional strengths. It made the Argento Flow I was using previously sound overtly smooth and slow. All this to my ears of course. YMMV.

My speakers are the Audio Physic Cardeas 30.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing