AC/DC star Malcolm Young dies aged 64 after dementia battle

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
https://globalnews.ca/news/3868285/malcolm-young-ac-dc-guitarist-dies/

I have most of their albums///LPs and CDs. When I was young we partied to their music blasting.
It lasted, and still today it is one of the greatest music Rock bands ever. It's a very tight band with great catchy energy...and the voice...the original voice...oh la la.
I will spin some, in memoriam and just to kick ass again.

R.I.P. Malcolm

I love classical, I love blues, I love jazz, I love tango, I love Rock&Roll, I love AC/DC.

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Will date myself ..but still recall the day the video of AccaDacca doing Long Way...on the back of a truck...going down Swanston Street....aired for the first time on Count Down.

Bagpipes and Bon Scott...never a cooler combo.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I watched them live in 2001, and then twice around the end of the last decade...a little before and after.

The energy in 2001, which was an outdoors open stadium, was unlike any other show I have been too, because they were amazing in bonding with the crowd. Many of the songs are made for the crowd to sing along to the chorus, and everyone's just having fun. RIP. We salute you.

Ps: I did see a 4th time with Axl rose as lead singer, in a wheel chair, but his voice did not suit.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
That's just it, a fun Rock band!
First off R.I.P. sucks to be real.

There are about only two things that make me turn off the radio the fastest, all Shane Co. commercials and any AC/DC song.

Shane Co because they are totally dehumanizing to men, I don't need those kinds of friends in any business.

Now let me explain the AC/DC thing.

AccaDacca music to me is 100% situation music.
Probably the most popular for strippers world wide, Hell Yes!!! She told me to come but I was already there, brings a specific visual to mind at my buddies bachelor party.
When you are at a loud potentially rowdy party and AccaDacca comes on, Hell Yes, all night fricking long!

But when it comes on the radio while driving or any non party situation, it annoys the $hit out of me.
I have to kill it after the second note.
I have tried to sit and listen to an album in its entirety and cant get through two songs.

So in conclusion, mad respect for the band and their achievements (legal aside), their prominent position in music history and all the babies born because of them, but to me its specific time and a place music.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The energy in that crowd!

Exactly. I have never seen that, not with Iron Maiden (though I was not there in Rio), Soundgarden, Black Sabbath, GnR, etc. For those other groups the audience here was largely British, you felt like you were on the Center Court at Wimbledon. It is the worst with Eric Clapton at Royal Albert Hall where you can't even stand up to dance till the Encore, you have to sit down politely and clap at the end of each song. But here, it is crazy.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Check out Rush in Rio.
Highly emotional concert many levels, their first time in Rio and the first tour after Neils situation.
listen to the crowd sing to an instrumental

h

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Rio crowd also sang along on fear of the dark guitar lol... Must be something there

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
___

? http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...s-malcolm-young-bands-rock-mastermind-w512165

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing