Norwegian billionaire given US $30,400 drunken driving fine

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
In terms of culture wars, here is what a real conservative said:

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Barry Goldwater

(Not that I am against Christians, I am a Catholic myself, but keep the culture wars out of government please.)

While I don't appreciate all of Goldwater's stances either, I wish back the days when we had a real conservative party in this country, because we absolutely need it (there has to be a true yin and yang on the economic battlefield). Unfortunately, the current GOP is fake. Just look at what they are willing to do with the national debt in the new tax proposal, while they were railing against it under Obama. Hypocrites. All independent economists so far have said that any rosily projected economic growth does not neutralize the negative impact of the tax cuts on government balances.

It's the law of unintended consequences. Before Row V Wade, the Evangelicals had little interest in politics. After the legalization of abortion, they were fully engaged and the dying Republican party found a new base. Trump's campaign offered little to no detail on how he was going to "Make 'Merica Great Again" EXCEPT for releasing a very detailed list of the anti-abortion judges that he would nominate to the courts. Between this list and Mike Pence this is how a serial philander and pussy grabber got the Evangelical vote.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
It's the law of unintended consequences. Before Row V Wade, the Evangelicals had little interest in politics. After the legalization of abortion, they were fully engaged and the dying Republican party found a new base. Trump's campaign offered little to no detail on how he was going to "Make 'Merica Great Again" EXCEPT for releasing a very detailed list of the anti-abortion judges that he would nominate to the courts. Between this list and Mike Pence this is how a serial philander and pussy grabber got the Evangelical vote.

Trump sure knew how to con a good portion of the American public, having been a con man all his life. But now it's all of us who are conned.

Or as entrepreneur (and real billionaire) Mark Cuban put it so well before the election:

"There's that guy who'll walk into the bar and say anything to get laid. That's Donald Trump right now to a T. But it's all of us who are going to get f-----,"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing