Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
The Aries Cerat Symphonia Limited Edition Type S is complete and en route to the US as we speak.

Installation to come soon

30776578_10215828366919250_1852669655_n.jpg

30784740_10215828385079704_346242966_n.jpg

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
The Aries Cerat Symphonia Limited Edition Type S is complete and en route to the US as we speak.

Installation to come soon

Wow, they look awesome Joshua!:p

:cool:
I haven't done my big review of the Kassandra DAC yet. TBH I have been enjoying it too much to power it down and take the tops off etc. I will do it next week, including lots of photos. The Kass' is one incredible source component. Finally I can say a truly remarkable sound quality from all digital device, with all the music material I can throw at it.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I'm excited for this like it's my system!

But then I remember that it isn't, and the disappointment sets in.

But then I think of the enjoyment it will bring, and I'm excited for Bill.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
I'm excited for this like it's my system!

But then I remember that it isn't, and the disappointment sets in.

But then I think of the enjoyment it will bring, and I'm excited for Bill.

I agree. In my own humble system I think I have some of this Cyprus magic going on. Listening to Select Cuts from Blood & Fire. Wow, the bass and guitars, fantastic sound here in Spain!

Reactions: lordcloud

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
I think it’s really fun to have other WBF members to share in this build. The speakers are stunning. They are so beautiful it’s intimidating-yet thrilling all at once. Just like the gorgeous human versions but hopefully much lower maintenance. Sooo excited.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I think it’s really fun to have other WBF members to share in this build. The speakers are stunning. They are so beautiful it’s intimidating-yet thrilling all at once. Just like the gorgeous human versions but hopefully much lower maintenance. Sooo excited.

I'm in Austin, I will be asking to come have a listen at some point, if you're open to having an audio obsessed visitor. I can only imagine the quality of sound you'll be getting with this system.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
Would love to have you over for a listen. Still in room build and waiting on phonopreamp and amps so it will be a while. Hoping in 90 days to have all up but subwoofers. Have a few people waiting including me.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Billy, you’ll be running subs with the Imperias horns?

I thought they were reasonably full range down to 30Hz?

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
I did not measure the Symphonias. When I heard them at Joshua’s house, several times now, I came from my house which is flat to

20 with subs. The effect in comparison was that the bottom octave seemed missing. To my not so great ears, sounded closer to 50

than 30. But I will measure once installed. In my experience, what speakers measure at one meter from the manufacturer is

significantly different than what is heard at the listeners ears. My Raidho 5.1s, for example, have measured response down to 25hz.

But at my actual listening position not much below 50hz is actually reproduced. The subs in all likelihood will also be Aires-Cerat

horns.

I will measure once installed.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Part 2 has begun. Speakers and Phono have arrived and we will be beginning the final stages of assembly today. The room is still untreated and half the floor is concrete so there will be reflections galore, but it should still sound amazing with the extra room and LE equipment.

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4607.jpg

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Wow, it's painful to see those wonders, so close to a concrete floor.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Nice. What's left now then - The big power amplifiers and a phono stage? I can only imagine how great it will all sound.:rolleyes:

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Part 2 has begun. Speakers and Phono have arrived and we will be beginning the final stages of assembly today. The room is still untreated and half the floor is concrete so there will be reflections galore, but it should still sound amazing with the extra room and LE equipment.

View attachment 40514

View attachment 40515

View attachment 40516

View attachment 40517

Josh,

I'm off work for the rest of this week and all of next week. If you guys need a hand with anything, I'd love to help out.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I did not measure the Symphonias. When I heard them at Joshua’s house, several times now, I came from my house which is flat to

20 with subs. The effect in comparison was that the bottom octave seemed missing. To my not so great ears, sounded closer to 50

than 30. But I will measure once installed. In my experience, what speakers measure at one meter from the manufacturer is

significantly different than what is heard at the listeners ears. My Raidho 5.1s, for example, have measured response down to 25hz.

But at my actual listening position not much below 50hz is actually reproduced. The subs in all likelihood will also be Aires-Cerat

horns.

I will measure once installed.

Hi Billy, we spoke briefly at Joshua's a month back (I was the guy with the Aqua Formula DAC). In terms of speaker freq response I agree they definitely didn't go to 30Hz evidenced by the London Grammar song "Hey Now" which, part way through drops the bass an octave to 30Hz and I heard essentially nothing. As I'm sure you know it not only the speaker but your room and its nulls and peaks + where you sit which will determine how much and what freq bass amplitude is evident. A nice pair of JL Audio subs would do nice to help fill the low end void and balance out the bass IMO. Congrats and enjoy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing