Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
A Preview of the Limitless Performance of the New Symphonia Limited Edition Type S*

*(Room is untreated on bare concrete. Speakers are not coupled the the ground and on rollers for when the room is under construction for ease of movement)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
beautiful set-up!!!

got to sound fantastic......and has to be very satisfying for him to finally be able to listen to his dream system.

congrats!!!!

look forward to feedback.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
How does it sound versus the Ampeggio Due in the background?

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Beautiful speakers, they look as good as they sound.

Billy, you mention the subs will be Aries Cerat horns, are those going to be part of the brand´s portfolio or are you having them custom made? I do recall Stavros was redesigning the Concero speaker to have a new bass tower so maybe it could be that?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
How does it sound versus the Ampeggio Due in the background?

Kind of not fair. There is nothing wired up to the Ampeggio Due so there isn't any sound coming out of them. So the Symphonia blows them away lol

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Josh,

I'm off work for the rest of this week and all of next week. If you guys need a hand with anything, I'd love to help out.

Already installed. Would have loved an extra hand and really appreciate you offering. You just earned the front row seat on the first public demo

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Beautiful but they seem kind of close together. Any reason why?

Well the room is far from finished so in an effort to get the best imaging and performance closer is much easier to dial in. It will like only be this way for a short time before they get moved and without knowing what is going to be done it would be futile to really spend a ton of time on placement.

With horn the further they are apart the difficulty to get good imaging is exacerbated substantially.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Those long metal tubes from the cables must be a pain to find their placement in the system. Very beautiful speakers indeed. I am also curious of the horns being closer together. Which is better closer together or more apart? My speaker designer also has two ways of placing his speakers. One with base horns together between the speaker towers. The other is the base horns on outer sides and speaker towers place closer in the middle between the bass horns.

I am excited for you Billy :)

Tang

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
Yes, The Symphonias, even strangely positioned and using A Bryston B4 cubed amp do indeed blow away the Voxativ Dues. Any fear i might have had about this system reaching world class is completely gone. The real beauty of these speakers lies well below the surface.

The acoustician arrives Saturday so we can get those speakers(and my knees) off the concrete. The whole experience is sort of surreal. How did I arrive in Wonderland?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
You can see from Billy’s face how happy he is with his speakers, if congrats to both Josh & Billy!

david

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Thank you for the warm wishes.

Stavros and I talked yesterday and ran the numbers. Turns out more than half (58.89% to be exact) of the Aries Cerat owners own a full system of Aries Cerat gear. Even more interesting is those owners who made the leap went from a single purchase (amp, pre, etc) to a full system in less than 6 months of ownership. As an owner of two reference systems of well known manufacturers, I think Billy can attest to the dramatic difference in performance of hearing the Reference System I have vs the Limited Edition System he has purchased.

I hope that many of you will have an opportunity to come visit Austin and see what all the fuss is about when the room is finished.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Beautiful pictures. These speakers really sang at CES a few years ago. As a horn lover, I was very impressed with the both the sound and the fit and finish of the gear.

Maybe mentioned on other threads but I'm curious what frequency range the full range driver is operating through?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Beautiful pictures. These speakers really sang at CES a few years ago. As a horn lover, I was very impressed with the both the sound and the fit and finish of the gear.

Maybe mentioned on other threads but I'm curious what frequency range the full range driver is operating through?

Since it is a variable slope crossover I can't say the specific FR, but it is just LF no sound comes out of the that driver. The application is just for pressurizing the basshorn

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you for the warm wishes.

Stavros and I talked yesterday and ran the numbers. Turns out more than half (58.89% to be exact) of the Aries Cerat owners own a full system of Aries Cerat gear. Even more interesting is those owners who made the leap went from a single purchase (amp, pre, etc) to a full system in less than 6 months of ownership. As an owner of two reference systems of well known manufacturers, I think Billy can attest to the dramatic difference in performance of hearing the Reference System I have vs the Limited Edition System he has purchased.

I hope that many of you will have an opportunity to come visit Austin and see what all the fuss is about when the room is finished.

Fascinating, i had observed that there seem to be quite a high % of full Aries Cerat system owners...what % of single piece buyers end up going to full system (not necessarily in 6 months...just in total)?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing