Trinnov ..anyone using it?

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I pulled the trigger on a pre owned Trinnov St-2 , intending on using it purely as a room correction device in the digital domain to replace my miniDSP dirac box (DDRC -22d)
Anyone here used one or is running one?

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I pulled the trigger on a pre owned Trinnov St-2 , intending on using it purely as a room correction device in the digital domain to replace my miniDSP dirac box (DDRC -22d)

I've calibrated more than a few Altitude-32 units, and briefly played with an Amethist. My main recommendation is to be sure to measure a useful bubble with the first measurement dead center, and don't be shy in experimenting with the broad trend of target curves or limiting the correction it applies. With it's studio/pro heritage it does give you more than enough capability to mess up the sound. There are many adjustments which can be made, many of which might not make obvious sense during a first run through.

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
I’ve been very pleased with mine. It’s got a great suite of tools once you get the hang of it. The pass-through so I s are outstanding for this class of device.

It’s on a par with Dirac for two channel use. The multichannel remapping functionality is very impressive.

Odyssey

Mar 15, 2015

Rodney, in the time that you have had the Trinnov in your system, have you been pleased with its room correction capabilities?

Does it sit between your preamp and your amplifiers?

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Its a little bit of a disaster..it took a full month for the unit to get to me ex Germany .. our local post office and customs were a major bottleneck
At any rate , I got the unit 8 days ago BUT it was a few days after quite a major back op , the op requires me to recline and do no bending for 4-6 weeks ... so I shifted a recliner into my listening room and thus my seat and seated position is not ideal.
I have installed the unit and managed to VNC to it and messed with all the features etc , but havent taken a set of measurements as its difficult to shift stuff around

I have set it up between a digital source and my devialet amps so am using it in the digital domain.
Its the same way I use my dirac hardware box.
In fact I will be able to run both dirac and trinnov side by side and will be able to AB them both by merely changing an input on the amps
In a week or so , I will change my seat back and then use it in anger.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I couldnt wait , so shifted my old chair back and took the measurements...all I can say is WOW...the trinnov trumps Dirac in every way, its a different beast altogether..much tighter bass, more air , even better imaging and thats all without fiddling with target curves etc.....I level matched the dirac and trinnov output and ABed both..no contest....
I will mess around some more and report back...

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I am using Trinnov Altitude 32 with 16 channels configurations. My only problem is, I like watching youtube channel from my TV. Panasonic DX900 65" has HDMI-ARC feature but when connected to Trinnov, it produces no sound. My wild guess is,
Trinnov does not support ARC.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks a lot.

I’ve been very pleased with mine. It’s got a great suite of tools once you get the hang of it. The pass-through so I s are outstanding for this class of device.

It’s on a par with Dirac for two channel use. The multichannel remapping functionality is very impressive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing