How many systems -- more than one , or one is enough.

Echolane

Apr 24, 2018
California
How did you guess ??. My mother bought me a portable Webcor record player as a present when I was in high school. That was it, just a record player. Later, I had a furniture-like console that housed a record player and AM-FM radio (I think it was a Motorola). One of those things that was a big rectangular box with nice wood all around and speaker cloth on part of the front. The top opened to reach the turntable and radio inside.

I must have 400 or more LPs that I’ve collected over many years. I really like listening to vinyl! But the reality is, I seldom play them and I think a major reason is that the Rega just keeps spinning when a record is done. I can’t walk away. I miss the automatic mechanism that returned the tone arm to home when a record was finished playing. I very much wish I had the necessary fortitude to copy them all to a network SSD.

Nice system! There must have been a record player or two in your past :)!

david

Echolane

Apr 24, 2018
California
Echolane, your systems are integrated into their surroundings so that in no way do they intrude on the space. ...That is something that I wish more of us could accomplish, including myself. Looks great!

Thanks for the very nice compliment!! I guess there is a considerable female influence..... My husband deserves a compliment too. He built the cabinetry that houses all that gear, though I get to take credit for the design. I especially like the unit in the living room which is solid teak with beautiful travertine stone on top. The drawers hold CDs.

OTOH, I wish I could redo the cabinet in the TV room. It is longer than desireable and I wish I had designed it without those space chewing drawers. But that would have meant also getting rid of the Laser Disc Player and the combo DVD/VHS Player. At the time I thought I would want to use them from time to time. I should have set them aside instead. As it is, the speakers are a bit father apart than is ideal and I think it would also just look better if it were shorter in length. It is nice to have the drawers though.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing