Watch My New Video!

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Hello everyone, Check out my new video!

My original plan was to wrap up this video in June. Technical difficulties working with the new 10-bit video files got in the way, as well as typical life stuff, but I was also never planning on putting so much time into this. Guess I have a knack for making 1 minute of video an epic chore.

Last winter I devoted many labor hours to improving the look of my ceiling acoustic panels (brought the rolling scaffold in for the 3rd time), by cutting out the bottom supports, so they hang blind and I also increased the center panel size by 40%. Fire sprinkler code forced me to do a rectangle, rather than the big square I wanted. Video embed is not working, so here's the link.

Here's a look at the first video, completed about 20 months ago. The first one was shot with my Panasonic GH4 and I've since upgraded to the GH5. The GH5 is capable of better performance, but I find it much more difficult to use for someone with my level of experience. Forum video embed is not working, so here's the link.

https://vimeo.com/179991224

I'm still puzzling over how to attempt to use the latest video for some sort of productive marketing. Here's the new one:

https://vimeo.com/242972312

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
That is excellent! I prefer the first one for the better light. But it can be adjusted too on my screen. Congrats, with the music in sync it is expertly done.

* I checked for the video direct embedding; and only youtube videos can be viewed directly. There are ways to transfer vimeo to youtube, or the software to do it automatically (WBF), but I don't have that knowledge.

I also checked @ another forum, just for testing, and your two vimeo videos came up directly. So I'm sure it is possible here too; Steve would need the assistance of his website software designer. I bet it is a very simple process; someone just have to know how.

Last edited:

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
That is excellent! I prefer the first one for the better light. But it can be adjusted too on my screen. Congrats, with the music in sync it is expertly done.

Thanks for watching and for your feedback NorthStar. I've long appreciated your taste in photography around here.

The first video was shot with much more lighting, which took away from the ambiance, but was necessary with the GH4, which didn't do well shooting in darker environments. The GH5 is much improved in low light, but some shots in the new video definitely have more noise than a few of the clearest ones. The original files looked pretty good, but much of the noise and darkness seems to have been introduced with down-converting.

I'm going to punch up the brightness in a few shots, and I recently read that Resolve has some noise reduction tools, so I'm going to try to figure those out later this week.

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Nice job !

so how's your business going ?

Thank you for asking twitch. I don't think anyone in the industry has been having an easy time in a long time. A high-end audio business devours capital and requires a steady flow to allow the flexibility for growth. Personally, in 2015 I went from doubling annual sales to a 40% decline, which I attribute to a shortage of new product releases, key manufactures neglecting their marketing and an unsure economic environment. I spent all of 2016 trying to sell inventory to pay rent, with no shortage of calls from guys wanting to buy gear below cost.

Last January I finally found a day job, so I don't worry as much about living expenses. However, working 40+ hrs per week limits my ability to undertake new projects like this. It takes months instead of weeks. Several more how-to videos are waiting to be shot and I also have an updated Jaguar Linux Audio Operating System (with realtime kernel), which would be made available for free download; the OS is relatively complete, but I haven't tested it yet and I'd like to get Roon working. In short, things are moving forward well despite a few challenges.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
fork,

you're young, keep your head up and your eyes focused, you'll be fine !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing