LBJ (The Movie)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
My wife convinced me to go to this new LBJ movie yesterday. The reviews on Rotten Tomatoes were mediocre and Woody Harrelson plays the lead role as Lyndon Baines Johnson. Woody is not my favorite actor as he always seems to play one version or another of "the crazy guy" in most of his films.

We also had a private screening - but not by design - we were the only people in the theater.

I have to say this was an excellent film, but I will qualify this by saying I have always been a bit of a political junkie. My mother was of Irish Catholic descent so Kennedy's election was a big deal when I was a kid and it had a big influence on me as well.

The film covers the time period beginning in the late 1950's and the 1960 election through the election of 1964 and the passage of the Civil Rights Act in that same year. It pays very little attention to the Vietnam war and mentions Johnson's later determination not to run in 1968 only briefly just before the closing credits run.

Harrelson portrayal of Johnson was outstanding in my mind and Johnson was certainly quite an unusual individual. Jennifer Jason Leigh was also good as Lady Bird Johnson. It is an excellent period piece, too, with great costumes, the right automobiles and the perfect haircuts and eye glasses for the era.

Highly recommended and much, much better that I expected.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
So they really made it realistic? I saw the trailer were he was talking to people while on the toilet, but the man was worse than that - he wipped his dick out many times, peed in parking lots, etc.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
So they really made it realistic? I saw the trailer were he was talking to people while on the toilet, but the man was worse than that - he wipped his dick out many times, peed in parking lots, etc.

I thought that was Nixon. Hence the name "Tricky Dick." I could be wrong about that. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It was made clear in the movie that LBJ was not an individual with refined social skills. However, there were no public urination or other penis scenes included.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing