Audio preamplifier needed for church...I think.

Kal-Eb

Nov 14, 2017
Hi All! I really don't know anything about audio preamplifiers (or audio for that matter) but I am helping the church I go to. They want to improve the sound of the total audio there (music from the band, microphone audio for the priest/speakers). We're told amps are not allowed because they distort all the mics and the sound guy wants to have full control of the sounds. Been searching online and read a bit about how audio preamplifiers could help in this department https://bzbexpress.com/Preamplifiers/ . I've also found a bunch on Amazon as well. Don't even know if these are the correct items needed. I'm sorry if my terminology is off or am unclear, but just trying to help them out best I can. Haha. Honestly, their audio all sounds fine to me. Thanks for any input.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think you need a new sound guy LOL

Seriously however, it is difficult for us to make any suggestions if we don't know the cause of the bad sound. It may not even be the equipment at all, just their deployment and use.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
+1

We need way more information than this to even begin to give advice. And Jack is correct in that many systems fall short not because of the equipment.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing