Thread: Audio preamplifier needed for church...I think.

Audio preamplifier needed for church...I think.

Hi All! I really don't know anything about audio preamplifiers (or audio for that matter) but I am helping the church I go to. They want to improve the sound of the total audio there (music from the band, microphone audio for the priest/speakers). We're told amps are not allowed because they distort all the mics and the sound guy wants to have full control of the sounds. Been searching online and read a bit about how audio preamplifiers could help in this department https://bzbexpress.com/Preamplifiers/ . I've also found a bunch on Amazon as well. Don't even know if these are the correct items needed. I'm sorry if my terminology is off or am unclear, but just trying to help them out best I can. Haha. Honestly, their audio all sounds fine to me. Thanks for any input.

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    I think you need a new sound guy LOL

Seriously however, it is difficult for us to make any suggestions if we don't know the cause of the bad sound. It may not even be the equipment at all, just their deployment and use.
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built, Stromtank

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Leif S's Avatar
    +1

We need way more information than this to even begin to give advice. And Jack is correct in that many systems fall short not because of the equipment.
    Leif Swanson
    Vice President, Sales and Marketing
    Designer

Von Schweikert Audio
    Global Distributor- MasterBuilt Audio Cables

My System

VSA Endeavor 5's, E-3MkII's, Audio Alchemy electronics, VAC IQ200 monoblocks, VAC Master Line Stage with Phono Pre, Kronos Pro with SCPS, Black Beauty Tone arm, ZYX cartridge, Lampizator, Aurender, MasterBuilt cables, J-corder open reel deck.