Do you see yourself anywhere in this article?

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I'm afraid some of that is painfully true. Thanks for sharing Tim.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This cracked me up (one of the replies):

My favorite album of all time is “Sticky Fingers.” I have 19 different versions of it (vinyl, cassette, CD, etc., etc.). I never play it, however, because I’m not sure which version is THE BEST.
Can someone help me?

John

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
More than I'd like to admit. Yes ;) ;) ;)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The article follows an easy line to have success - find a nice hobby, look for some neurotically disturbed behavior or with excessive dedication examples and make fun on it

I do not have the time or skills to expose the good things about "audiophilia", but for every point I could reverse the text content re-writing it in a way it would be also true.

It is how people write horoscopes - they write it in a way if will always be true, even if they do not guess.

Please do not tell me I am in the denial phase, that it is all a bad dream ... :D

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
This reply caught my eye:

“Own ZERO recordings by Patricia Barber, Eva Cassidy, Diana Krall and Norah Jones. Won’t let anyone play that crap at my house. Would rather listen to KISS Alive! than audiophile approved music any day.” - Tone Audio owner- Jeff Dorgay

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

“Own ZERO recordings by Patricia Barber, Eva Cassidy, Diana Krall and Norah Jones. Won’t let anyone play that crap at my house. Would rather listen to KISS Alive! than audiophile approved music any day.” - Tone Audio owner- Jeff Dorgay

I'll say this about that "quote": He ain't wrong!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
If any of those ever had the misfortune to meet Jeff they would no doubt feel the same way about him. These are all major recoridng artists. I could only hope there were that many audiophiles in the world. I posted a Norah Jones video from you tube with over 7 million hits. BTW I like Kiss.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

I should have bolded then what I did now.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
No accounting for tastes, I suppose. For my part, I'll never buy a recording because it is audiophile approved, but I own records by Diana Krall and Norah Jones. And Kiss? A B-list pop metal band dressed up for a Star Wars convention. I'm sure they're fun if you like that sort of thing, but I've never understood why some people actually take them seriously.

Tim

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
The article follows an easy line to have success - find a nice hobby, look for some neurotically disturbed behavior or with excessive dedication examples and make fun on it

I do not have the time or skills to expose the good things about "audiophilia", but for every point I could reverse the text content re-writing it in a way it would be also true.

It is how people write horoscopes - they write it in a way if will always be true, even if they do not guess.

Please do not tell me I am in the denial phase, that it is all a bad dream ... :D

You're in denial, it's all a bad dream. Of course you're right, the article wasn't a difficult one to write for anyone who has spent any time on audiophile boards. Still funny, though. And I think all you have to do to justify the audiophile obsession is demonstrate an even deeper obsession with beautiful music.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing