Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hard Point Trinia footers---very impressed

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiko Audio View Post
    Yes measured with the VA-2, H1 and H2 being the 2 horizontal planes. I dont know which model, but will check tomorrow, it looks identical to the serene in their 2017 catalogue but I dont see a Trinia anywhere, it was their top model 6 months ago.
    did you ever measure Stillpoints Ultra 5's ? It would be interesting especially since these footers seem to use similar bearing technology that Stillpoints has been using for years now..
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    did you ever measure Stillpoints Ultra 5's ? It would be interesting especially since these footers seem to use similar bearing technology that Stillpoints has been using for years now..
    No, I do have miniís but never bothered to take measurements.

So if i am reading correctly the trinia works with the artesania rack. Is this correct? Does it sit on the metal cross bars or does it screw into the threaded holes?

Thanks

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sbnx View Post
    So if i am reading correctly the trinia works with the artesania rack. Is this correct? Does it sit on the metal cross bars or does it screw into the threaded holes?

Thanks
    if you look at the second picture in my original post it shows 2 wood boxes each with 4 Trinia's. in each box is a plastic sleeve with 4 screw posts. it appears that these screw posts are used to attach the Trinia to the Artesania arm in place of the pad (or over the top of the pad). it's possible it does not work that way but that is what it looks like to me.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by sbnx View Post

Thanks
    Hi, sbnx~!

HI FI Stay has various type screws for Trinia to be compatible to all type racks.

Also if your component is used a screw that we don't have, we will customize it.

When ordering, you can ask for special type to us.

Since Mike uses Adona Flagship Rack, we just send standard screws that were the most used.

If Mike changes to Artesania type rack, he just sends me email.

Name:  20170813_002715.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  166.8 KB
    Speaker : Accuton 3ways 5speakers (D-25)
    DAC : Trinity DAC
    Pre : KX-R Twenty
    Power Amp : HF : Dartzeel NHB-108 LF : 400W Mono Block
    Cables : All Entreq Atlantis
    Grounding : 3 Olympus Tellus, 4 Poseidon, 1 Silver Tellus, 1 Atlantis Tellus 6 Atlantis Minimus, 3 Silver Minimus, 3 Gaia,
    All Atlantis Eartha Cable, 56 Peak
    Power Conditioner : 2 Atlantis 1 Challenger Powerus
    Rack : HI FI Stay [Concert Master]
    Vib Acc : All HI FI Stay [Hard Point Trinia] & [Dharma]

Of what material is the body of the Trinia made of ?
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhead View Post
    appears to be anodized Aluminum. don't know the grade. maybe Esotar does.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhead View Post
    Mike is right~!

I want Trinia to compare to global foot dampers.

So I introduced it in WBF.
    Speaker : Accuton 3ways 5speakers (D-25)
    DAC : Trinity DAC
    Pre : KX-R Twenty
    Power Amp : HF : Dartzeel NHB-108 LF : 400W Mono Block
    Cables : All Entreq Atlantis
    Grounding : 3 Olympus Tellus, 4 Poseidon, 1 Silver Tellus, 1 Atlantis Tellus 6 Atlantis Minimus, 3 Silver Minimus, 3 Gaia,
    All Atlantis Eartha Cable, 56 Peak
    Power Conditioner : 2 Atlantis 1 Challenger Powerus
    Rack : HI FI Stay [Concert Master]
    Vib Acc : All HI FI Stay [Hard Point Trinia] & [Dharma]

Fascinating thread Mike and thank you Esotar from joining the discussion with some details. Thank you for the nice photos in the opening post. Of course, I am not surprised that someone quickly asked about the Center Stage footers. It will be interesting if someone here does an actual direct comparison under one component. A few contrasting descriptions come to mind. The CS footers describe mostly soundstage and sense of immersion impressions, seeming to focus on low level information imbedded in the recording becoming more apparent through the lowering of overall system noise floor. You seem to be describing an overall improvement in resolution and clarity. Are these distinctions correct as I have described them?

Another contrast seems to be the break in period and availability. Are these Trinia footers immediately available for purchase? From your descriptions, it seems that their effect is immediately noticeable without the need for break in. Have you tried three footers instead of four per component?

You describe the component as "floating" when placed on these footers. If one applies force from one side, does the component sway gently and then eventually come to rest again? Do you know if these footers are recommended under turntables? I only saw images of CDPs and amplifiers in the chart. Interestingly, the suggested placement of the rear footers are different for these two components.

Congratulations Mike for finding yet another way to improve the sound of your system, which by all accounts, was already "mature". I commend you for taking the risk and trying the recommendation from Esotar. It will be interesting over time as user impressions start to hit this forum for both the CS footers and the Trinia to see what this new wave of vibration management is all about.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    It will be interesting over time as user impressions start to hit this forum for both the CS footers and the Trinia to see what this new wave of vibration management is all about.
    For completeness..Stillpoints needs to be in the comparison mix. These appear to use similar ceramic bearing technology to drain energy and decouple from the rack/stand....just like Stillpojnts...a different tonal flavor perhaps ?
    Christian

System Gear

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast