TotalDac D1 Seven

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
sb06, it’s not my hobby to defend Ked. Really, we have as divergent attitudes in this hobby as you can imagine, and our thought processes drive each other up the wall.
I’ve got angry online previously with a guy who continually trod on the Entreq thread I’d initiated, pouring forth unlimited amounts of cold water and scorn.
But tbh, Ked hasn’t really done this, Lampi was mentioned, and his reflex reaction is to respond.
This is such a weird hobby, I’m not sure there is a reality pill.
So I totally get your aggravation, but it’s probably a bit disproportionate to be quite so cutting twds him.
Normal service resumed later as I get aggravated myself by someone else online LOL.

Wow that was sweet Spirit. Signing off with lots of love.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
That's how you read them. Btw, do you ever stop? You are the main reason this thread and others continue to go downhill. You seem to come out of hibernation only to attack me. Hope you smile at other times, though I understand what listening to an esoteric for so many years can do to a man's psyche

You don't get it - YOU are the reason threads and forums go down hill. You state opinion as fact based on sporadic visits - yet own no system as a baseline. You childishly snap back at anyone who doesn't rate Lampi as the best "Did you roll tubes?" "Did you hear it with xx gear?" Are you hoping for another discount?

Also, I comment plenty on threads, I just don't live audio 24 x 7; some of us have a life outside audio. As for my Esoteric - some of the best musical moments of my 30+ years in audio. Great piece of gear for its time. BTW, how are your headphones holding up? Too tight around the melon may cause excessive Lumpi favoritism... Enjoy my friend!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You don't get it - YOU are the reason threads and forums go down hill. You state opinion as fact based on sporadic visits - yet own no system as a baseline. You childishly snap back at anyone who doesn't rate Lampi as the best "Did you roll tubes?" "Did you hear it with xx gear?" Are you hoping for another discount?

Also, I comment plenty on threads, I just don't live audio 24 x 7; some of us have a life outside audio. As for my Esoteric - some of the best musical moments of my 30+ years in audio. Great piece of gear for its time. BTW, how are your headphones holding up? Too tight around the melon may cause excessive Lumpi favoritism... Enjoy my friend!

Oh ffs. What a complete tragic

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
sb06, it’s not my hobby to defend Ked. Really, we have as divergent attitudes in this hobby as you can imagine, and our thought processes drive each other up the wall.
I’ve got angry online previously with a guy who continually trod on the Entreq thread I’d initiated, pouring forth unlimited amounts of cold water and scorn.
But tbh, Ked hasn’t really done this, Lampi was mentioned, and his reflex reaction is to respond.
This is such a weird hobby, I’m not sure there is a reality pill.
So I totally get your aggravation, but it’s probably a bit disproportionate to be quite so cutting twds him.
Normal service resumed later as I get aggravated myself by someone else online LOL.

SoM, I appreciate your comments but sometimes a spade is a spade. I'm far from the only one with the same assessment. Find me 1 post where he states anything remotely negative about Lampi. Bias cubed..

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
SoM, I appreciate your comments but sometimes a spade is a spade. I'm far from the only one with the same assessment. Find me 1 post where he states anything remotely negative about Lampi. Bias cubed..

Have you read about me not being positive about their amps and streamer, in fact, also caveating against previous versions? Haven't heard the latest, so can't comment.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
This topic should be moved to a different thread so it can be thoroughly vetted without disturbing the TotalDac discussion. I could see any of a number of appropriate titles that I believe warrant discussion:

1) The Lampi Internet Marketing Machine--Why is it so different?

2) The Pros and Cons of Forum Members Receiving a Special "Objectivity Designation" if they take an Oath Stating They Receive No Economic Benefit of Any Kind From a Manufacturer.

3) Question: Whats the difference between the Allnic DHT Dac and the Lampi DHT Dac? Answer: Three Guys on the Internet. Discuss.....

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
This topic should be moved to a different thread so it can be thoroughly vetted without disturbing the TotalDac discussion. I could see any of a number of appropriate titles that I believe warrant discussion:

2) The Pros and Cons of Forum Members Receiving a Special "Objectivity Designation" if they take an Oath Stating They Receive No Economic Benefit of Any Kind From a Manufacturer.

3) Question: Whats the difference between the Allnic DHT Dac and the Lampi DHT Dac? Answer: Three Guys on the Internet. Discuss.....

And the others suck so much that they totally believed these three guys, auditioned the product and couldn't judge for themselves

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX

Thank you, very good suggestions. You could probably add as a sub topic to #2 - When is a shill a shill?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

Paul,

you seem to be a great guy. in fact maybe one of the greatest.

but you've been on WBF for a month and you want to fix us.

maybe give it a little time for it to work itself out. it always does, the best it can.

and anyone who ever paid list price for every hifi item they have ever purchased please stand up....now.

oh....really....no one is standing. what a surprise? and where do you draw the line? answer; you cannot.

next case.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Paul,

maybe give it a little time for it to work itself out.

and anyone who ever paid list price for every hifi item they have ever purchased please stand up....now.

oh....really....no one is standing. what a surprise? and where do you draw the line? answer; you cannot.

next case.

Sorry Mike I beg to differ. Sometimes it takes a newcomer with an untainted perspective and fresh eyes to see things for what they really are. Maturity and experience aren't always what they're cracked up to be (including me)..

As for price, ask yourself this question - Would I have purchased product X at x% off list had I not provided an extensive review with mostly positive comments (and continued accolades in many cases). I'd love to see that list.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sorry Mike I beg to differ. Sometimes it takes a newcomer with an untainted perspective and fresh eyes to see things for what they really are. Maturity and experience aren't always what they're cracked up to be (including me)..

As for price, ask yourself this question - Would I have purchased product X at x% off list had I not provided an extensive review with mostly positive comments (and continued accolades in many cases). I'd love to see that list.

I purchased Lampi much before the comments. And since have not purchased anything outside the used market. Or did you not notice I don't have a system.

You do understand apogee restorers and custom DIY horn manufacturers selling direct for tuppence could care two hoots for what I write on the forum

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010

start your own forum, come up with disclosure rules you like and sit back and watch that one guy (Paul?) flock to your new place.

the issue is disclosure and how naïve that concept is. this is a relationship hobby. and always will be.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
start your own forum, come up with disclosure rules you like and sit back and watch that one guy (Paul?) flock to your new place.

the issue is disclosure and how naïve that concept is. this is a relationship hobby. and always will be.

Thanks for being so open to new topics and change, appreciate it.

What you see as naïve others might see as transparent and a road closer to objectivity but since you have the megabuck system that so many covet I guess you carry more weight with WBF controllers. Carry on...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Listen, this is getting stupid.
I don’t believe I’m having to defend Ked from schilling.
He’s guilty of many things.
Stepping in with his large boots where others fear to tread.
Being a bit insensitive some (a lot?) of the time.
Yes, extolling Lampi dacs 24/7.
And rolling around w me a lot.
But I really don’t believe financial incentive is anything to do with it.
I don’t have his thick skin to put up with his travels and endless a/b’s.
I believe that’s about it, a mix of relentless need to spread the word and the fact he’s heard Lampi everywhere means he’s on a bit of a mission.
And that’s about it.
I argue constantly w Ked.
But schilling isn’t one of those things.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Paul,

maybe give it a little time for it to work itself out. it always does, the best it can.

next case.

Sorry Mike I will butt out. I certainly want to play by the rules and look forward to be a member here. As a parting point of clarification and comment, I certainly was not intending to include a good faith negotiated discount in my analysis but I see how my bold statement could be interpreted to do so and, as such, I apologize.

That said, I actually believe drawing a line is fairly easy and is even more important as it is what separates meaningful intellectual discourse in forums from the opposite. Either a quid pro quo exists or it doesn't and at some level it seams reasonable that if a creature walks like a duck and quacks like a duck maybe its better to ask if its a duck so you don't get crap on your shoes, but I understand this is not my place as a new guy so I am done.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks for being so open to new topics and change, appreciate it.

What you see as naïve others might see as transparent and a road closer to objectivity but since you have the megabuck system that so many covet I guess you carry more weight with WBF controllers. Carry on...

I am open, but i've seen this direction and where it ends up more times than I can count.

people are going to think what they think. regardless. human nature.

yes, I have a large system. but; I have the biggest target on my back too. and nothing I might say will ever change that. and I'm the last guy who get's into conflict. which is my motivation here.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sorry Mike I will butt out. I certainly want to play by the rules and look forward to be a member here. As a parting point of clarification and comment, I certainly was not intending to include a good faith negotiated discount in my analysis but I see how my bold statement could be interpreted to do so and, as such, I apologize.

That said, I actually believe drawing a line is fairly easy and is even more important as it is what separates meaningful intellectual discourse in forums from the opposite. Either a quid pro quo exists or it doesn't and at some level it seams reasonable that if a creature walks like a duck and quacks like a duck maybe its better to ask if its a duck so you don't get crap on your shoes, but I understand this is not my place as a new guy so I am done.

You are the duck. The only one who will end up with solution raidho system is someone who has water in his ears

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

If you were not a newcomer you would have noticed that this subject has been discussed in many threads in the past, and frequent posters have been scrutinized many times. IMHO it is the responsibility of members and readers to know about other members biases, preferences and styles, not expecting them to tell all their life in every post.

Our purpose is having a good time sharing our opinions, debating interesting audio subject and sometimes friendly bickering other members preferences :cool:.

I do not care at all at what price they get their toys - for me the reference on the subject is RRP. And particularly, if have you any issue with some equipment or someone, please address it directly - we are open to different opinions, but ambiguous and insidious references are not welcome. And yes, individual opinions are just opinions, nothing else.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing