Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: TotalDac D1 Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Iamrael View Post
    Sounding mighty fine!
    Yes ! indeed spent yesterday, with Vincent Brient and some friends for the installation of these d150 speakers at home and we still could appreciate all these qualities sublimated by these little horns !

he makes some amazing DACs, these new speakers are not bad either!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    In a nutshell, where would you see the differences of Aqua/TotalDac versus Aries?
    It's hard to compare all three since I haven't heard the Aqua on any system other than my own, but I did hear the Aries and TotalDAC on the same system and the Aries on another system. First, they are all fantastic DACs. That said here are the high - level key attributes and key difference to my ears:

- TD12 - slightly more fleshed mids than Formula, about on par with Aries.
    - Aries - most muscular sounding, bold sound but a tad more compressed vs. TD12
    - Formula - most 3d sound stage, ethereal would be a good descriptor. Formula makes cones sound almost like Omnis

YMM certainly V..
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (HQPlayer w/DEQ, Roon) | AQ Cinnamon CAT7 cable | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Hifi Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp | Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room (absorption/diffusion)

Hi all,
    "small" comparison yesterday with Totaldac 12, 7, 6 and some friends and apart from saying that all are already doing beautiful music,
    I can also declare that the 12 remains the magician of the team, that the 6 stays a little behind but that the surprising 7 claims a lot of this kind of magic, this extra form of relaxation, freedom of expression that makes you think that music is so easy ... and invites you to the "letting go" experience.

In short, very very good stuff but with the best!

Be well.

et hop! some little pictures of my system

Name:  IMG_5282.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  175.5 KB

oups
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by BF38 View Post
    oups
    Beautiful system, congrats!
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (HQPlayer w/DEQ, Roon) | AQ Cinnamon CAT7 cable | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Hifi Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp | Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room (absorption/diffusion)

Thank sbo6 and its plays not so bad!

the game, the life of a small system, the power and the eloquence of a bigger one ... while maintaining a superb coherence with this ability to play also at very low volume!
    The balance of contrasts like the music itself. And I'm waiting now, for a Sub with EASpeakers TD18H + with appolo upgrade, the filtering of this extreme low is already integrated in my speakers... let's go for this first octave !

i'm also try some speakers cable to definitly complete my case and for now the best is, by far, the Echole ORIUS ! even more presence and intentions in the music ... so stunning but the most expensive too... it is not fair !

and that's all.

Totaldac d1-server / d1-seven / Absolare Signature / Totaldac d150
    cords : digital & analog bibacord / speakers Echole.

Vincent sent a demo Totaldac Seven dac to the Totaldac dealer in Hong Kong.
    New and unused, still got protective plastic sheets on it.
    Initial impression is that it has much bigger authority and dynamics than the Six, but definitely needs much burn-in before we can give it a more detailed evaluation.

Name:  Totaldac Seven at Volent HK 1-2018.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  1.19 MB
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by CKKeung View Post
    Vincent sent a demo Totaldac Seven dac to the Totaldac dealer in Hong Kong.
    New and unused, still got protective plastic sheets on it.
    Initial impression is that it has much bigger authority and dynamics than the Six, but definitely needs much burn-in before we can give it a more detailed evaluation.

Name:  Totaldac Seven at Volent HK 1-2018.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  1.19 MB
    any update post-burn-in?
    Dad, when are you going to stop changing all the electronics?
    Never, so you might as well get used to it.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast