Amps for Ron to consider

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, what you stated makes perfect sense.
I am amazed at how great the new Jadis Mk2’s are. My JA30mk2’s are easily some of the best sounding amps I have ever heard....and I have been in this hobby for over 40 years!
The new design is so much more transparent and resolving than any other amp I have heard. So much so, that I believe anyone considering any new tube amp absolutely needs to hear the new Jadis Mk2’s, if at all possible.
Considering the new JA200 mk2’s would certainly be very high on my list.

I am delighted and very happy for you that you are enjoying the new amplifiers so much!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What about custom amps Ron ?
One of Gryphon Tube amp :cool: ?

Thank you, but I already have enough trouble sometimes being comfortable with the often very small audio companies in our industry. I'm just not into custom one-off stuff.

(In my opinion a Toyota is reliable at least partly because Toyota makes 100,000 of them. I would rather have the last copy of an exotic car from a production run rather than revel in the fanfare of being the first owner on the block with the first copy of the car.)

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
I would rather have the last copy of an exotic car from a production run rather than revel in the fanfare of being the first owner on the block with the first copy of the car.)

Your absoluty right ! That's why my dad has always bought the last year from a production run of a car... Or before it was face-lifted. My car is also the last model year of it's run.

In the audio world your also right. There are to many "one man shows" here.
But in this world of very special tube amp's there is not that much choice.
In my opinion a good designer can make a custom product (at a higher price) to the same quality as a device that get's built 100reds of times year

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If I were Ron, the first thing I would do is have Wavebourn build me an amplifier. Then later if I decided spending peanuts on an amp didn't give me what I wanted, I'd audition something in my own home if possible. (Wavebourn charges almost nothing for amplifiers) That's me, hunting down something special to try, which may not be for Ron.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If I were Ron, the first thing I would do is have Wavebourn build me an amplifier. Then later if I decided spending peanuts on an amp didn't give me what I wanted, I'd audition something in my own home if possible. (Wavebourn charges almost nothing for amplifiers) That's me, hunting down something special to try, which may not be for Ron.

Who is wavebourn?

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Who is wavebourn?

Their website isnt up. But they built custom amps- I think to your specs...

They have a forum which is in russian :confused:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So what are they known for? Which speakers or systems are their amps driving, what have their amps been compared with

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Wavebourn is something of a wild card. He is beyond most designers based on things he posts. But he has never been focused on launching a company. Yes, he is a Russian. Nice guy to chat with. He contributes to discussion with some other big names on occasion.

Ked, the thing is that you are going to find great comparisons. You don't need to. Fact is you can order an amplifier from him for under $5k to your specs. I've been quoted at $1700 for one before. My point being is for peanuts you can try something with a rather graduated sense of design, that you can't find anywhere else. (peanuts compared to all the other amps discussed, play money by comparison really, I've spent triple that in parts for some things) The few youtube clips I have seen and such wouldn't tell you much (but seemed very good). The problem is the dude has never bothered to design or acquire speakers anywhere near the level of his amplifier.

If you don't like it, you can just use it in a bedroom stereo or something, no loss to take.

But, as I said, that is what >I< would do. I'm not conventional, and I have always been about finding the best no matter what the answer really is...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing