Something new I just discovered today ___

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
All my previous posts plus newer ones: When I use the solid longest bar ( _ ) it shows up as _

That shouldn't happen; ___

Is it on my end only? I didn't change anything. Can you also see only emoticons? I'm totally @ lost.
Any suggestion?

If I use this ----- then it's ok. But the solid one now shows up as emoticons! _____

I think there is something wrong. Steve, could you please verify, thank you. ...Ron?
-----

The key just below F11 and F12 is a key I use often, the largest bar; that key is working just fine on all other sites, except here.
And that key has been working just fine before, except today. So I suspect a glitch in the WBF software, a "humorous" glitch perhaps.

It is not important because I don't have to use that key, but then there are many many posts from past that are incorrect.
And, is it the same for everyone else, please check it out; try that key from the longest white bar on top, not the smallest one.
-----

P.S. I just resolved the issue. ----- I will only use this from now on, no sweat. Mais c'est dommage quand même.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That new emoticon was just added today from the Insert a Smiley box.
The sign used from the keyboard (the long horizontal bar...I don't know the exact term for it - "Underscore") is in my opinion defective and negative.
Plus the smiley itself just doesn't fit with the rest.

1. If you want to add new smileys, I suggest the same size as the other ones.
2. Use something like :cryinghappy: instead of the "Underscore" sign. Because right now it is a major mess, no kidding. Just look @ all prior posts!
3. Before you add a new smiley I suggest adding the
feature, which is a much more beneficial feature.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Bob

we've been looking at ways to update and modernize the otherwise antiquated emojis supplied with the vBulletin app

IIRC when we did something like this a few years ago it was you who objected as well. You objected so much that both emoji versions were left in for you

As we go forward an find a better emoji solution these outdated ones will be eliminated.

Until then Bob, if it bothers you so much I suggest you stop pushing the underscore button so that you don't see that emoji. One person put it in a post once and you have put it in 2 posts 11 times. Do you think perhaps there's a problem with that

There is nothing wrong with the app Bob just progress in modernizing our emojis

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Steve, are you suggesting that I stop using the "Underscore" key?

I don't mind, but all my previous posts look stupid now. Can you simply not get rid of it so I don't look so stupid anymore?
That key from the keyboard has a good use; why not use :cryinghappy: instead; that way I don't look stupid anymore and everyone is happy?

Steve, I though of it quite seriously, and if I am not suggesting a good solution, please say so in all life simplicity, yes or no.

Like I said, I can stop using the "Underscore" key, but thousands of my previous posts sound and look totally stupid.
I am very serious Steve, it is irritating to get this today. If I wasn't serious I wouldn't have mentioned. It makes me feel ... inconfortable.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing