New Microcode available for D1/C1/P1/L1/M1/X1

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
To all CH Precision owners,
I happened to check the CH website Friday night and found that new microcode was available for all components. I’ve installed the new code on all of my pieces. The installation was flawless as we have come to expect. Some of the new features I noticed: the displays now auto dim after 10-15 seconds. You can choose the brightness at “dim” from settings. CH are now using all icons for functions instead of words: subsonic filter, mono, phase, etc. have been replaced by icons. On the C1 you can turn the UPnP function on or off from settings. When “on”, you get the additional streaming functions on the C1. One final observation is that CH have made changes to the Network menus and have better standardized the selections for network turn-on/off/ and controls. Your router needs to support PoE and if you plug your components into router slots that support PoE, everything works as expected. Don’t forget to download the latest control app to see all of this.

I had requested that CH begin to add a date to their software updates and you will see that now. I can’t say that I noticed any sonic improvements. These would be through changes to the filters on the C1 and it does not appear that changes in this area have been made. If anyone has any information on this it would be appreciated.

vjayh

May 19, 2012
I just installed new firmware as well. I have C1 Mono configuration, so no new firmware for that yet, but new firmware for L1, X1, P1, M1, A1, and T1. I did have a little difficulty getting firmware to install on one of the M1s. Still wont take it, but i'm sure they'll solve it. Anyway, I caught the dimming feature immediately-- I wish the lowest dim setting was a little brighter. 30% is pretty dim. Otherwise, I didn't detect any audible differences at least that I could tell. I think the date feature is terrific for the software releases-- it's so hard to tell otherwise, having to check all the individual components against a number. Also on my wish list would be updates pushed via internet vs. having to go thru the USB stick process. And, while I'm on my wish list, TIDAL integration and MQA would be nice too!

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
I updated last month as well. One of the additional features for the CH App users is that the unit icons glow red when power up. If they hlow orange, that indicstes that there is a new firmware update available. Like others, i appreciate the visual cue or date so it is known that we can update the firmware without needing to sift through the website under each CH unit’s available downloads to check when updates are available.
Many thanks to the talented and responsive Raphael, Loris, Eduard and the rest of the gang at CH. Excellent customer service.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
CH Precision have just released another microcode update for D1/C1/L1/M1. I have the latest CH control application and the icons for these pieces turned yellow the other night as Tunes describes above indicating an update was available. There are no release notes so its hard to say what was changed/fixed. There were likely some problems reported with the November update that were addressed with this release. All updates installed easily with no installation problems as usual. One enhancement I noticed was on the C1 page when streaming. There is a “back” button now (it’s an arrow in the upper left) that helps you to navigate your libray more easily. Useful feature enhancement. Everything working perfectly after the update.

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
As Ralph has noted, firmware updates available last week.
The CH app has also had a second update a voupke of dsys ago.
CH noted that:
“The new firmware revision package mainly deals with the introduction of the T1 clock generator and the C1 Mono units. There is some unification brought in the inner levels of the pieces of firmware and some new features in the CH control app, for example the preference dialog in the top menu, the explicit Back icon and the track numbers displayed next to the remaining track time.”
Chris

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing