New M1 Arriving

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Wonderful update. I was wondering how it was going. I’m going to look for Anders Osborne on Tidal tonight. Enjoy!

Try this one as well. Howie played this for me and it was incrdeible
Turtle Records
More than a song by Witness blown away by "Bird Of Paradise" cut 2 although the whole album is awesome

Enjoy

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
If you don't know Anders Osborne you might want to check him out. The album is called " Coming Down" and its easy to get, not an audiophile record, has real songs and real music. He was born in Sweden and grew up in New Orleans. He is a blues/rock artist and a guitar playing singer songwriter. His music comes from his life and and his heart. If I had to give some basis of comparison or perhaps influences he is like Van Morrison meets Dr. John with a dash of Leon Russel.
Ok we listened to the whole album and it blew me away!!!! Songs like " Oh Katrina" " Miss you when I am gone" "My Old Heart"are incredible but "when I am back on my feet" this New Orleans bluesy , funky, soul piece comes on it was like I have never heard before and the M-1 just let it rip. Anders bears his soul in his songs and wears his heart on his sleeve. It was just incredible and I wanted to get up and applaud. He as there with us PERIOD.

Thanks for the music recommendation. I'm a big blues fan. I can actually understand the words and it always tells a great story. One more reason to love Tidal. I am not in the music room but it is a great album on our TV Sonos soundbar while I am wandering around the house this morning.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) It's like the air in my room is really clean, like mountain air clean not black, inky or velvety. Pure tones just sound that, pure. I don't think I've come across SS that does middle treble resolution this way. Very OTL like in some ways too. (...)

Let us hope Ron is reading ...

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Let us hope Ron is reading ...

a bridge too far for Ron. one of his non-negotiables. I wonder what the Vegas Sports Book odds are on it?

maybe we need a 50 page thread on the subject?

if we do that and the door opens a crack, i'll have to mention the 458's too......as those are a little bit more like tubes.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Well I have had the M1 in my system for a month now have put it through the wringer and while I can’t say I have tried every option it is just so good and so “right” as I told Elliot yesterday “it ain’t leaving my house”. For those of you Eva Cassidy fans a slew of acoustic stuff was just released on the 8th and while somewhat “hotly” recorded just brings her into my room like I have never heard. That was THE decision making point for me. Not just her but all music, well recorded, this amp has no equal that I have ever heard.

And it’s ever so well mates to my MSB Select II. And drives my NOLA CGR, speakers designed around tubes, better than any tube amp I have ever heard. To say I am a happy camper is an understatement.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am happy you tell this because when i told i sold 2 Kondo Souga for CH and i told my M1 mono sound,FOR ME,much better that all tube i had in my life and i listen,in 40 years,some was thinking i become crazy.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I am happy you tell this because when i told i sold 2 Kondo Souga for CH and i told my M1 mono sound,FOR ME,much better that all tube i had in my life and i listen,in 40 years,some was thinking i become crazy.

Yup I agree. I am in awe with this amp. Given the speaker I own I never expected to ever get such transparency and relaxed sound from a solid state design.

I too have been a tube believer my whole life. I think these new breed of SS are just remarkable like nothing I have ever heard or owned before. What you changed from is truly a statement valve product and that is saying a lot.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Hi Priaptor,

Congratulations on getting the CH Precision M1 amplifier. I too am now using front end CH Precision electronics in my system - the P1 phono stage and the L1 line stage. I have these in their full dual mono configurations and they replaced tube based phono and line stages. This is something that I never expected that I would do - move away from tube front end electronics and go to solid state but the CH Precision is that good in my system. I hope to try a pair of M1's relatively soon in their active bi-amplification mode with my Rockport Arrakis.

As some others have mentioned in this thread, it might be interesting for you to try a single CH L1 line stage with the CH X1 outboard power supply with the MSB Select II feeding the L1. I don't know if it would be better than going direct with the MSB but you never know.

Again, congratulations.

Arnie

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Congratulation also to you for L1 and P1 full dual mono
Do you have mono with X1?
I have L1,P1 and X1 with 2 boards and i would like in future to do L1 and P1 mono with 4 x1
This will be a big jump regarding my situation now?
Can you explain your trial?
Thanks
Gianluigi

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Hi Gianluigi,

Thanks very much.

Before purchasing the CH gear, I auditioned in my system the same configuration that you own - an L1, P1 and an X1 with 2 output boards. What I found, at least in my system, that sharing a single X1 between the L1 and P1 was sub optimal and that I was able to achieve the best overall system sonics by dedicating the X1 to the L1 and using the P1 without any X1. If you do make the upgrade to both a full dual mono L1 and P1 with dedicated X1's for each box (meaning 4 X1's) the jump in sonic performance is very, very substantial. It is not a subtle change at all. The sonics that you are hearing now in your current configuration is really only giving you a taste of what is possible. I also think that if you simply added another X1 to your current configuration and dedicated one X1 to the L1 and X1 to the P1 you will also hear a very nice improvement compared to what you are hearing today. But again, the jump to the full dual mono configurations is sonically significant.

Hope that helps,
Arnie

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Many thanks,
Sure mono with X1 with big power supply will be amazing.
Next months i will buy a second X1,and slowly i will reach my dream to do all mono
CH is very clever to let you develop when you want and also do time by time to enjoy the improvement

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
thank you for your observations. As a new dealer I have not yet had the opportunity to try all the different options to see what they bring

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
He's amazing I am glad you like it.

Hi Elliot

Thanks for the tip with "Anders Osborne".
I especially like the album "Coming down" that I also recommended some of my friends who also like it very much :cool:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi Elliot

I especially like the album "Coming down" that I also recommended some of my friends who also like it very much :cool:

I am glad you enjoy it. That is one of my favorite albums and sounds great too. He has a lot of records and writes amazing songs yet he is still relatively unknown outside of New Orleans. "when I am back on my feet" sounded so amazing the last time we played the record at Priaptor's and really made me remember why I so love this album. Turn it on and turn it up!!!!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi Elliot

Here is another great sounding album but probably harder to find
Try to get a hold of "Some Things Never Change" by Supertramp and particularly cut number one "It's a hard world" This is a really spectacular cut and one amazing track . I am a fan of the band and never listened to this before about a year ago. I think this album did not have commercial success but it is a sonic blockbuster.
Enjoy and have a great Holiday season

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thanks for the update. Your observations on the performance of the M1 match my own experiences. Now, add an L1, P1, C1 and X1s and watch what happens. The total system will be far greater than the sum of the parts. Good luck and keep your impressions coming!
After another long listening session at the Priaptor's lair my impressions of the M-1 have only gotten stronger. The system now is fully broken in and there we were sitting in silence listening to all kinds of nuggets with a sense of amazement. I truly had no idea that a SS amplifier can do the things that this amp can do.
Its Pure
Its sounds limitless- never any sense of strain on any music that we played.
Its so easy to listen to because it never draws attention to itself and it has weight. I know for many this is a hard term to understand and to describe however it has it.
The bottom of the piano, the structure of the upright bass, the pressure and size of the drums all come through like they were in the room.
I am going to try the whole system in my showroom when its complete and when we show for the first time at Axpona in April and hopefully in a monstrous set up at RMAF if we can get a big room.
The M-1 is a keeper and for this old school tube lover a really pleasant surprise. Its nice to not have to worry about tube life, and waiting for the amp to warm up. This bad boy just plays...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing