Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: New M1 Arriving

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackD201 View Post
    For the duration of burn in I was going between 10 and 20%. I added some make up gain and that seemed to have eased the L1 preamp a bit. After a couple of hundred hours, I found the sound a tad over damped and went back down to zero which at the beginning was under damped and a bit fuzzy in places because of traces of overhang. As it is speaker dependent, I wonder what settings I will eventually end up with with Big Blues. I have a sneaking suspicion that I may end up maybe 10% and two clicks up on the gain as the midrange drivers might need a touch more BEMF. We'll see. The process is akin to tube rolling in a way. Mullards on one end, Teles on the other. I'm kind of an Amperex/Valvo guy so I have to find that spot in between
    I am now using the M1 driven direct by my MSB select driving Gobels new amazing Epoque Fine Aeon. I’m the first to have them while burning them in for Axpona. Amazing combo.

I’m finding Oliver’s recommendation of 20% to be perfect for his speaker. With my NOLA Concert grand Gold 0% hit the button.

Gain I found +2.5 just the right match for he MSB.

Addicted to Best!
    Thanks for the update. I am eager to hear your impressions of the Göbel Epoque Fine Aeon. Please continue to keep us posted as you have. I will be at the Munich show this year and have Göbel on my list to hear. Interestingly, I have been running my stereo M1 with 2.5 dB gain and 20% feedback ratio driving Zellaton Stage and REL G1 sub. It just sounds right to me. Enjoy

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsorren1 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I am eager to hear your impressions of the Göbel Epoque Fine Aeon. Please continue to keep us posted as you have. I will be at the Munich show this year and have Göbel on my list to hear. Interestingly, I have been running my stereo M1 with 2.5 dB gain and 20% feedback ratio driving Zellaton Stage and REL G1 sub. It just sounds right to me. Enjoy
    Very interesting we are sharing the same settings.

I think you love the new Aeon. I posted my 10 day impressions as the Epoque Fine Aeon in my room are almost there and just have gotten so amazing I have to say I’m impressed. Here is what I posted:

I won’t be at Axpona but Elliot will be taking the Aeons from my room to show there.

I know he will be showing with CH Precision which he recently took delivery of and is busy burning them in before the show in addition to setting up his studio.

Now 10 days+ the new Epoque Fine Aeons are a spectacular speaker. I personally have never experienced a speaker as neutral, transparent and accurate as these. It is VERY HARD to believe these are the same speakers from 10 days ago. 10 days ago out of the box I was worried.

I really recommend people stop by and listen. I am now a believer in what I thought was impossible. These things are the most accurate and resolving speakers I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Other brands I have owned have resolved with the cost of of some harshness at the top end (no not my NOLAs, rather not name the brand(s) to protect myself from attacks). These are just right. These are not speakers that produce a muddy or somewhat “bloated” mid bass to satisfy a certain type listener. Setup properly they are as dynamic as any possibly with the exception of the lowest most octave. However the bass is dead on accurate, resolving and spectacular.

Vocals are in another dimension as are strings and horns. Nothing I have heard quite like it.

Even the most complex of music where there is a “blending” of the players each and every layer of detail can be accurately placed.

Speakers give a more refined holographic presentation without bloat and with perfect dimension and placement than any panel speaker I have ever heard.

I never heard his last Fine but the Aeon is a real winner in my book. Now if only I could afford them.

Plus they passed the “wife test” on looks and she actually listened and was shocked. Never happened before. She wanted to hear more. I kicked her out as I wanted my crappy chair back, which is soon being replaced as some of you know.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsorren1 View Post
    Please stop by and hear the new speakers at MOC. Oliver will be showing the new Aeon Reference for the first time at the show. We plan on going to Germany as well and hopefully I can run into you there.
    Travel safe,
    Elliot
    Last edited by Elliot G.; 03-21-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    Bending Wave USA distributors of Gobel High End Loudspeakers and Cables 100 percent made in Germany
    Dealers for CH Precision

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678