Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is it about the Wilson designs that the speakers are so hard to drive? (excepting Alexandrias)

In my personal experience, I had a better performance using Mark Levinson 585 than using my previous Accuphase E-560 to drive my Sashas v1. The extra power of Mark Levinson brought more dinamics and better soundstage.

Quote Originally Posted by renatoab View Post
    In my personal experience, I had a better performance using Mark Levinson 585 than using my previous Accuphase E-560 to drive my Sashas v1. The extra power of Mark Levinson brought more dinamics and better soundstage.
    Dude you gotta stop posting so often.
    Paul

Power - Torus 75 amp WMT. Furutech NCF Lines, Flux-50s, Outlets, PC's. Star ground.
    Cables - Nordost Valhalla 2 and Odin (phono).
    Analog Source- ARC Ref 10 Phono. Acoustic Sig Ascona MKII, TA-9000 arm, Lyra Atlas.
    Digital Source- MSB Reference DAC, Femto 33.
    Amplification - Soulution 721 Pre and 501 Monos.
    Speakers - Raidho D3.1
    Room Acoustics - Acoustic Frontiers Design, RPG Plates, Absorption and Diffraction, and Custom Helmholtz Traps.
    Stands - Solid Walnut by Timber Nation.

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Paul, you are being humorous right.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Paul, you are being humorous right.
    Obviously, but to be fair sarcasm doesn't translate that well on the internet.

Iím sorry if my posts bother you so much

Quote Originally Posted by renatoab View Post
    I’m sorry if my posts bother you so much
    Yes, of course I was being silly. We need to laugh around here once in a while. Three posts in 5 years just caught my eye. I am sorry I was not more clear. Your post was not bothersome in the least; in fact the opposite.
    Paul

Power - Torus 75 amp WMT. Furutech NCF Lines, Flux-50s, Outlets, PC's. Star ground.
    Cables - Nordost Valhalla 2 and Odin (phono).
    Analog Source- ARC Ref 10 Phono. Acoustic Sig Ascona MKII, TA-9000 arm, Lyra Atlas.
    Digital Source- MSB Reference DAC, Femto 33.
    Amplification - Soulution 721 Pre and 501 Monos.
    Speakers - Raidho D3.1
    Room Acoustics - Acoustic Frontiers Design, RPG Plates, Absorption and Diffraction, and Custom Helmholtz Traps.
    Stands - Solid Walnut by Timber Nation.

In my experience, the devil is in the details (as it is with most things in life and audio). Variables include room size, listening distance to speakers, preferred listening volume, room treatment (or lack thereof), speaker impedance across the frequency spectrum (not just nominal) and of course speaker sensitivity. I have found in general more power not only allows for better dynamics but also effortless sound especially at higher levels. This applies to all speakers but more so to non - horn type speakers.
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (DEQ, HQPlayer, Roon) | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Acoustic Quality Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp (mid/tweet) | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp (woofers)| Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbo6 View Post
    In my experience, the devil is in the details (as it is with most things in life and audio). Variables include room size, listening distance to speakers, preferred listening volume, room treatment (or lack thereof), speaker impedance across the frequency spectrum (not just nominal) and of course speaker sensitivity. I have found in general more power not only allows for better dynamics but also effortless sound especially at higher levels. This applies to all speakers but more so to non - horn type speakers.
    Yes, which is why I have a 100 W/ch amp for speakers that can easily be driven by 15 W/ch amps (my previous amps) or even less.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345