Change of the seasons, colder temperatures, snow flakes and all that raining jazz ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
First snow of the year on the Island. Tonight will be below zero. I can hear sirens @ distance, probably someone who hit another car because of the wet snowy slippery roads. It is like slush for sure and dérapant. The clouds form an envelope where sounds are easily transmitted within. It's like an echo chamber, now with more sirens joining in, and from two different directions. So it is otherwise two not isolated accidents...I presume.

Let me know when the first snow hit your neighborhood, and what you observe.
It is certainly a change of the seasons.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
First snow of the year on the Island. Tonight will be below zero. I can hear sirens @ distance, probably someone who hit another car because of the wet snowy slippery roads. It is like slush for sure and dérapant. The clouds form an envelope where sounds are easily transmitted within. It's like an echo chamber, now with more sirens joining in, and from two different directions. So it is otherwise two not isolated accidents...I presume.

Let me know when the first snow hit your neighborhood, and what you observe.
It is certainly a change of the seasons.

'around zero' = 32F in USA speak.

here in North Bend up where I live we will be in the mid-30's and about 200-300 feet below the snow line tonight, but will see snow tomorrow night or Saturday night.

it's time.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I was talking to my brother last week; he's from between Montreal and Quebec City.
Very nice warm weather, summertime. While here on the west coast it was cloudy, raining a bit and cooler.

I give him another month, or less to change seasons. New York should be under six feet of snow comes February, if the climate change is not too affected by the toxic warming atmosphere. I just don't know anymore, it has changed quite a bit this year and the year before.

Yes Mike, snow is comin'.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
No snow yet. Two days ago it was 31 at 0600, today 61. Foilage turn started late. It's been a strange fall. One son started a late second planting in his garden, so far so good. Unusual!

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
born and raised on the southeast side of Buffalo, I've seen enough snow for a lifetime ........

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
From the time I hit the road today at 5am till about 3:30 in Seattle.
Nothing stuck though.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Now it's all white, it is snowing. It looks and feels like Christmas.
This is not something that happens every year @ this time, early November.
___

In science you cannot analyse the natural temperature of our planet; man doesn't have the tools to measure the conditions and the causes of major changes.
Plus, progress has to follow its own natural course if we are to survive; business must expand, and jobs created.

It is what it is; families with children need food and water because without they are dying.
We don't need to be a climate scientist to know that; healthy food and clean water.

This summer has been super hot here where I live on the west pacific Coast.
And back east where most of my family live it's been wet and rainy.

Now fall is turning into early winter on the wet coast, and back east it is turning into summer.
We still have two months left in this year's calendar.
I have zero clue what is ahead climate change wise, I can only go by what I see today and just yesterday...the ten previous months, and looking @ my own environment, country, and the other countries of our globe...Japan, China, India, UK, Russia, Cuba, USA, Antarctica, Antigua, Iceland, Ireland, Greenland, Alaska, Amazonia, Africa, and all the others.

I am not alarmed for the thinnest worry of all. I'm doing good; I have food, water, a roof, money aplenty, music, friends, family, Internet, and Hollywood movies playing near me @ the theaters.

___

I was a bit sarcastic above, of course.

It is snowing more now, and it makes me feel just a bit more nostalgic and sarcastic...in a good way.
? https://earther.com/the-trump-administration-vs-the-climate-change-report-1820127045

It's a great day to be alive, and to spin some great music tunes, all that truly matters, really.
We live and adapt to the seasons, to the natural changes, to our ways of doing things, for the best.

Last edited:

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Has everybody here changed to good winter tires ? That's probably the most important thing to do before first snow....

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Has everybody here changed to good winter tires ? That's probably the most important thing to do before first snow....

Yes, Nokian, the best their is. Why I can't imagine anyone on this forum using anything else, LOL !

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
I use Goodyear (odd size on my Cayenne (18 Inch by 255mm with 55mm Sidewall) which is also very good. For use on my car it must be rated for 155mph, which limits the tire choices to 3 companys.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
I kept winter tires (Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow) on my Cayenne all year this year. We have only 6 months of warm weather anyway

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
No Bob, not my thing, I'm too old and my knees would revolt after 42 plus years of riding sleds, but that vid was cool to watch !

I never snowboard, only downhill and crosscountry skiing, plus toboggan of course.
That Blu-ray 3D documentary is awesome. Them kids have a good life, travelling some of the most majestic places on earth.

Today the snow is all gone and the sun has come. 3° Celsius right now.

* Michelin winter tires are on right now; there is the Malahat highway...one challenging road higher up, where snow can be abundant sometime:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing