Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which wire provides the most profound audio improvement to your audiophile hi-fi sound system?

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar

Question Which wire provides the most profound audio improvement to your audiophile hi-fi sound system?

All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

For me personally I would rather put my money into a good power conditioner, which makes bigger improvement to the whole system.

Conducting wire has shown in every respect to be superior to non-conducting wire.
    SME 30/2 Turntable, Da Vinci Grandezza Tonearm, Benz MC-3 Cartridge, Allnic HT 3000 head amp, Allnic H-3000 Phono, Allnic L 5000 preamp, Accuphase F 25, Analysis Audio Epsilon Speaker/foil tweeters in four way active crossover Amplification: Sony TAN 8550 VFET amp (26 DHT preamp driver)350-7000hz, Yamaha B-2 VFET amplifier (26 DHT preamp driver)80-350hz , 45 SET tube amp 7000Hz to infinity Hz, Yamaha RX Z9 plus Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000 preamp processor 9.4 surround sound.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool4 View Post
    For me personally I would rather put my money into a good power conditioner, which makes bigger improvement to the whole system.
    What if... you could do both?!?!
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by cjfrbw View Post
    Conducting wire has shown in every respect to be superior to non-conducting wire.
    Thats a good one
    You can never have enough power !!

Technics SBX 700A
    Yamaha RX-V363
    Custom built speaker cables

Headphones: Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro's Studio
    Headphone Amp: NuForce HA-200
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi

Can help with recomendations for hotels and good food in munich !

The answer is interconnects make the most difference as they can do the most harm, a basic/commodity level copper ic will smooth out most of the fine detail in the recording leaving a flat, 2D presentation and lackluster timbre.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    What if... you could do both?!?!
    I have some fancy power leads but since I put in a power conditioner, I have not even put the fancy power cords back in. They are just sitting in a box, the power conditioner has made such a big difference that I can’t be bothered about the power leads.

With the power leads, I have always thought did it make a difference or did it not and if you have to really try to hear the difference then to me it’s not worth it. With the power conditioner it was clear night and day difference.
    By the way my system shows the slightest difference when I change anything, i use Spectral Audio Pre / Power.

I have some fancy power leads but since I put in a power conditioner, I have not even put the fancy power cords back in. They are just sitting in a box, the power conditioner has made such a big difference that I can’t be bothered about the power leads.

With the power leads, I have always thought did it make a difference or did it not and if you have to really try to hear the difference then to me it’s not worth it. With the power conditioner it was clear night and day difference.
    By the way my system shows the slightest difference when I change anything, i use Spectral Audio Pre / Power.
    That's cool... I've found PCs are the most variable cable as sometimes they make big differences and other times they're not so big. My tube gear isn't as picky while some class D amps respond a lot more. There's also fairly large differences between power cables when used with gear that responds to them. That makes solid recommendations for PCs difficult while it's fairly easy to predict what an interconnect cable will do.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    That's cool... I've found PCs are the most variable cable as sometimes they make big differences and other times they're not so big. My tube gear isn't as picky while some class D amps respond a lot more. There's also fairly large differences between power cables when used with gear that responds to them. That makes solid recommendations for PCs difficult while it's fairly easy to predict what an interconnect cable will do.
    i have very similar experiences, i always remember my accuphase 800 dac and 900 were very fussy about pc, my el35 amps don't seem to care much
    "An audiophile is only done when they go to the great brick and mortar store in the sky"

[/B]
    [I]Monaco tt 1.5 triplanar/Xv1
    Bakoon two box phono; step up Cinemag, Altec, FR, RCA
    Halcro DM 8 running current mode
    Bespoke server Roon and HQplayer at dsd2
    Atomic clock to USB aes interface
    Meitner DA2
    Lamm m1.2 or Goldmund 29M
    Morel Fat Ladies
    Bespoke active crossover 5 Subwoofers
    Sony PSX9 XL55 Bakoon phono
    Pioneer PLL1 DV XV1s Esoteric E03/CO2 as output
    Stealth cabling

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast