for those of us that don't have big money

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The etsuro urushi that believe high fidelity does is from the same manufacturers as Hana, 8k though, and it seemed extremely good. Still need to do a compare though.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Sensitive Sound ART Majestic LOMC just got Tone Audio's 2017 Publishers Choice award!
Issue 86 pg 59 fyi....(full review forthcoming)
I'm biased, since I am their USA dealer, but Sensitive Sound offers two models at very reasonable prices. Really really good, if you can handle typical lomc output levels.

Last edited:

Bso

Sep 30, 2016
Massachusetts/Toronto
i use regularly, my MMT arm which isn't in the elite but is still a damn good arm. i also have in reserve, a grace 707 which also proved to be fairly good if not in the same class as some used here like the point 4, sindre, graham, and others.

the cartridge that is probably my best is the FR1mkIII, i also have an oc9II, a stanton 881s, grace f9e, atML170/150 (the 150 stylus was purchased before they were all gone, the 170s were).

whereas i would love to have a cadenza black or a Kontrapunkt b, that hasn't happened due to financial constraints. are there any out there that have tried the quintet series? the hana seems like a good bet too. low output variety please.

i love to read about the a95 and a90. a friend has an Anna on his Basis tt/arm. still, i would be nice to hear from those who don't go to the stratosphere.

I have a little used well-loved Kontrapunkt b that I need to move. Since I am new I don't know what the protocol is for soliciting or how to get in touch. I believe the replacement for the Kb is the Cadenza Blue $$$$. The Hana SL does not give you the dynamism of the Kb. I'd prefer the MMT over the Grace - better mechanical match although the 707 is a very good arm. Dreams can come true.

hifitommy

yes, i agree that the MT would be the right arm for the Kb. i logged many hours listening to the Kb in a great environment for it. sota sapph/mmt, counterpoint sa3000, adcom 5400, IMF rspm IV, and also ML reQuests using the IMF as a sub!

at the LAAS 2017 i got a wonderful listen to the cadenza black on a great tt in the Gamut room, mesmerizing!

just as a lark, how much for the Kb? email me at hifitommy@gmail.com

Bso

Sep 30, 2016
Massachusetts/Toronto
Email sent. The Cadenza Blue is the replacement for the Kb, I am told. The Kb has higher output than the Blue which may make it easier for the phonostage.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing