Aesthetix Io versus Io + Callisto

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Dear Kcin,

Just out of curiosity, did you try any other line stages with the Io? (I am wondering how a Jadis line stage would compare to the Callisto.)

Hi Ron,

I had never used a Jadis line stage with the Io. I have used an all Jadis system maybe 20 years ago. I had extensively modded it- so unfair comparison. I had tried a ARC Reference 5 with the Io. I did not like the overall presentation. It collapsed the soundstage for me and lost definition in the lower registers. That is just me.

I'll let you know soon what a GFS and just the the Io does--- lots of drive and energy there. My GFS is still in the box. I'll tell you the regular Atlas gives up nothing in my config for dynamics.

With your speaker choice you should have no issues whatsoever.

Nick

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Kcin.

Do you know if anyone has tried running the Io into the new Metis line stage?

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Thank you, Kcin.

Do you know if anyone has tried running the Io into the new Metis line stage?

Hi Ron,

The Metis is a mystery for me I have never seen one - nor any dealer in my area has one. Is it even shipping? Have you heard one?

Thanks.

Nick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing