Quietrock

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Ron I agree to some extent of a base line starting point but I also believe trying to nail it all in one event is next to impossible.
I have been in rooms that measure well/flat but sound dull and lifeless.
What would be interesting is to get three different professional acousticians to give there take rather than investing lock stock and barrel with one perspective.
Think of those here that went big only to make drastic and big changes later and or find some minute or dare I say cheap solution to a huge problem.
You are walking difficult path to be sure, your head must be ready to explode.
Step back look at the big picture and enjoy the ride.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron I agree to some extent of a base line starting point but I also believe trying to nail it all in one event is next to impossible.
I have been in rooms that measure well/flat but sound dull and lifeless.
What would be interesting is to get three different professional acousticians to give there take rather than investing lock stock and barrel with one perspective.
Think of those here that went big only to make drastic and big changes later and or find some minute or dare I say cheap solution to a huge problem.
You are walking difficult path to be sure, your head must be ready to explode.
Step back look at the big picture and enjoy the ride.

I agree. I have engaged Bonnie but I am also speaking with Nyal tomorrow.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) What would be interesting is to get three different professional acousticians to give there take rather than investing lock stock and barrel with one perspective. (...)

Most probably they will give contradictory advice and Ron will feel even more doubtful ...

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Most probably they will give contradictory advice and Ron will feel even more doubtful ...

Have a little faith, Francisco! :)

(My entire career was based on figuring out what I know, figuring out what I don't know, figuring out by whom I need to be educated, figuring out what I'm trying to achieve, soliciting different opinions on solutions, understanding those opinions, formulating my own opinion, and making an independent decision. This is not to say that I necessarily will make the correct decision in this particular instance. But I am certainly not worried about it.)

For me this process is fun!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Have a little faith, Francisco! :)

(My entire career was based on figuring out what I know, figuring out what I don't know, figuring out by whom I need to be educated, figuring out what I'm trying to achieve, soliciting different opinions on solutions, understanding those opinions, formulating my own opinion, and making an independent decision. This is not to say that I necessarily will make the correct decision in this particular instance. But I am certainly not worried about it.)

For me this process is fun!

Kinda picked up on that! :)
Cant wait to see your final product, your thoughts on the final product, and then maybe a listen if I get that far south again.
Very exciting!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Ron am I correct correct that the quiet rock is 200lbs a sheet?
I think that might be ths stuff Mike used, Holy Crap.
And is anyone using 200lbs a sheet double layered overhead?

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Ron am I correct correct that the quiet rock is 200lbs a sheet?
I think that might be ths stuff Mike used, Holy Crap.
And is anyone using 200lbs a sheet double layered overhead?

I have double layer Quietrock EZsnap overhead at about 83 lbs per sheet (166 lbs per 8' x 12') with 8 inches of Roxul on top of that (53 lbs per 8' x 12') and a layer of 1 lb per sq. ft. of mass loaded vinyl (32 lbs per 8' x 12') for a total of 251 lbs per 8' x 12' sheet. It's quiet inside.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing