Speaker cable for use with a Bryston 4s2 amp

Flogit

Oct 26, 2017
Read a lot about different amps needing a certain kind of speaker cable to sound it's best The cable game can get expensive very quickly, so I would like to get it right the first time. Right now I am using Bryston cable and it sounds thoroughly OK, I feel a more dynamic presentation is just a cable with superior material away. Thanks in advance.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Bryston makes well engineered products, so you don't have to worry about high capacitance problems that some legacy and boutique amp have.

The two things you need to know before choosing speaker cables are:
1] Cable length
2] Loudspeaker impedance curve.

Flogit

Oct 26, 2017
Speaker cables

Bryston makes well engineered products, so you don't have to worry about high capacitance problems that some legacy and boutique amp have.

The two things you need to know before choosing speaker cables are:
1] Cable length
2] Loudspeaker impedance curve.

Speedskater, I feel like I am on thin ice when introduced to a term like loudspeaker impedance curve. Thanks for your reply.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
All the Stereophile (and many others) loudspeaker tests have an impedance curve chart. If the curve looks like a roller-coaster (ignore the bass-reflex peak) or has very low values (under 3 Ohms) then it's more sensitive to speaker cable differences.

Flogit

Oct 26, 2017
Thankj you, Speedskater. I Googled the speakers I own and they are like you stated, within 8ohm/thereabouts. I appreciate the info from you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing