Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ch precision...p1

Ch precision...p1

so finally after a lot of thought and turnovers, i decided to pull the plug and join to the rest of the elite holders
    and ordered a CH P1 PHONO STAGE!
    I AM SO EXCITED!
    i probably add the X1 in the near future also, although i thought maybe to get the L1 instead, even though i have the EAR 912 on order too for a line stage (and phono)
    ( i really interest on doing AB between the two phono also... )
    Speakers:Magico Q3 Preamp:E.A.R 912 Amp:Luxman m900
    Cables:Siltech Double Crown Power:Nordost Odin1,Argento master flow
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    TT1TechDAS AF3/Thales Simplicity II/Ortofon RS212D/DV507MK2
    TT2:Torqueo T34 Exclusive Zebrano/ikeda 407
    Carts': Ortofon Anna,Zyx R1000 airy3,VDH Colibri Stradivarius,EMT XSD15,Murasakino Sumile,Koetsu Tsugaru,Top Wing Suzaku,DS W2
    Phono: CH Precision P1 Racks: Solid Tech Rack of silence reference Power treatmentPs Audio P10

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Wow congrats.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Heard it two days ago in two different systems here in Italy; one of them very intriguing and satisfying.
    I can't tell you in depth since the system full CH Precision was totally new for me; it seems a great phonostage; extraordinary flexibility (especially the chance to choose impedance for MC between 20 ohm until 100kohms by remote control in steps of 1 or 10 or 100 ohms... fantastic); sounds extraordinarly fast, detailed and not fatiguing; neverthless CH Precision is extremely expensive with the separate power unit.
    Turntables of the two systems I heard played with Air Tight Opus and Lyra (Titan or Etna, I don't remember exactly).
    A very positive vinyl experience.
    Marco

Ciao Marco,tutto bene?

@byrdparis
    Congrats for P1,i have P1,L1 and X1 with 2 boards,
    I had before Kondo GE1 and M7 KSL and i found P1 similar natural mid,but more open,better bass,more clean,fast and dynamic sound, X1 give more weight and natural sound
    Incredible thing is that P1 is true mono,so in future you can buy a second P1 without input and output board,so you can take the right board for example and put in new P1 so they became a really mono P1.In future you can add a second X1 so you have P1 mono with 2 board
    There are 2 people in USA that have a told me that is incredible the improvement

Quote Originally Posted by byrdparis View Post
    so finally after a lot of thought and turnovers, i decided to pull the plug and join to the rest of the elite holders
    and ordered a CH P1 PHONO STAGE!
    I AM SO EXCITED!
    i probably add the X1 in the near future also, although i thought maybe to get the L1 instead, even though i have the EAR 912 on order too for a line stage (and phono)
    ( i really interest on doing AB between the two phono also... )
    Wow Congrats. It’s on my shortlist too along with the EMT. The P1 would make sense and I could get a X1 and power it as well as my C1....

Quote Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
    Wow Congrats. It’s on my shortlist too along with the EMT. The P1 would make sense and I could get a X1 and power it as well as my C1....
    Until now in my system....P1 + X1 is the best solid stage phono I have heard... EMT JPA66 is the best tube phono I have heard.
    You can go either way depending on your system and preference.

Name:  IMG_3154.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  1.09 MB

Kind regards,
    Tang

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    Ciao Marco,tutto bene?

@byrdparis
    Congrats for P1,i have P1,L1 and X1 with 2 boards,
    I had before Kondo GE1 and M7 KSL and i found P1 similar natural mid,but more open,better bass,more clean,fast and dynamic sound, X1 give more weight and natural sound
    Incredible thing is that P1 is true mono,so in future you can buy a second P1 without input and output board,so you can take the right board for example and put in new P1 so they became a really mono P1.In future you can add a second X1 so you have P1 mono with 2 board
    There are 2 people in USA that have a told me that is incredible the improvement
    thank you Gian,
    your posts on the p1 vs Kondo before was drive me to think my steps again after i purchase the SFz and wanted to get the M7 , i stopped and re thought about it.
    finally puled the plug on the P1 and sold the SFz...

the question is how much the X1 will do better with the P1 vs ONLY THE P1... i suspect its will be better of course , but how much better?
    the question and something i contemplating about - how much more "help" a 24K EU phono pre amp need???
    the X1 is a 14K eu add to a very very high price equipment... as it is... so...
    anyone heard them with and without and can share the variants on performance?

thanks.
    Carts': Ortofon Anna,Zyx R1000 airy3,VDH Colibri Stradivarius,EMT XSD15,Murasakino Sumile,Koetsu Tsugaru,Top Wing Suzaku,DS W2
    Phono: CH Precision P1 Racks: Solid Tech Rack of silence reference Power treatmentPs Audio P10

I bought L1 and then P1
    After 6 months i bought X1 that come with 1 board and i did test with P1 and without and also at home of my friend that also he bought P1
    X1 improves P1 because image is bigger and there is more space between instrument,also more dynamic and more body and more dense.
    Then i bought a second board to connect also L1
    Problem if you try you want to buy,like my friend
    But with CH is good that you can improve buying x1 in future and also transform P1 in mono in future

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    I bought L1 and then P1
    After 6 months i bought X1 that come with 1 board and i did test with P1 and without and also at home of my friend that also he bought P1
    X1 improves P1 because image is bigger and there is more space between instrument,also more dynamic and more body and more dense.
    Then i bought a second board to connect also L1
    Problem if you try you want to buy,like my friend
    But with CH is good that you can improve buying x1 in future and also transform P1 in mono in future

hello Gian,
    thank you for that, the problem that i cant try to decide how much it will be better, i need to get the x1 like ive got the p1 - blind.
    i can only rely of other impression and experience like you have.

I suggest to enjoy P1 that is fantastic also alone and don't think to X1
    In future when you would like to buy something you can think to X1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast