New top amp from Italy RIVIERA

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
In Italy is born a new company named Riviera to produce hybrid amp at very top level
Riviera is new name but the 2 partner are
Luca Chiomenti that produce top tube amp and Imai of Audiotekne told me 15 years ago that he is the best he knows to produce tube amp and Chiomenti produce also very special output transformer for his amp
www.lucachiomenti.com
and Silvio Delfino,always work in HIFi,and among the most expert in Italy www.silviodelfino.com

You can see web www.rivieralabs.com

All product are Hybrid with tube,misfit and transistor pure class A,zero feedback,i bought an integrated amp 10 + 10 watt to use with my Corner Ribbon.
I have a Radford sta 15 mk III,among the best amp in their category for me,perfect match with quad but in comparison of Riviera,sound with big roll off,dark,slow with fat mid bass
Really incredible

I asked Silvio Delfino to write some here to explain better their products
Regards
Gianluigi

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Hello Gianluigi,

This is of interest to me since I import several Italian brands now, which has worked out quite well thus far. I checked out the website and am intrigued. If he would be willing to come and talk about his products I would definitely listen.

Cheers,

Skip

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I know all the Italian company you import
Rosso fiorentino is a good speaker and master sound and North Star are good product
Riviera actually I think is the absolutely top in Italy,considering Mr Chiomenti is absolutely the best
Another thing I know them since 25 years and I guarantee they are 100% very serious people

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
To let you understand who is Luca Chiomenti
One my friend has since 15 years
ANJ M10 and M77 with Neiro,Kageki,Kegon
And Gakuon with Western Electric and he prefer Kageki a parallel single end with 2a3 and silver cable ,output trans and some capacitors,so is the best sound of old ANJ,with 8watt
He tried a 2A3 of Kiom,old company of Chiomenti and told me his amp with 2A3 is not better than Kageki but much better

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Quanto il mio amico? :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Your English is MUCH better than my Italian!

How much my friend? :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
In the preview post i told my friend with ANJ,is not Chiomenti,is another who own all this ANJ product

Silvio Delfino and Luca Chiomenti i know well them but are not friends
I buy hifi in Italy from 1973 so i know well near all the producers, distributors and mainly shop and i buy from different people the product i like,and you know my big love for CH that i consider number 1
This are different products and very very interesting in their category

SilvioRivieralabs

Oct 22, 2017
Italy
www.rivieralabs.com
Thanks gian60 for the nice post.
Let introduce myself: my name is Silvio Delfino, I am co-founder of Riviera Audio Laboratories and I operate in HiFi business since 1982.
I have a quite large experience as journalist, distributor and consultant.... in 33 years I really had the chance of see many aspects of our hobby and business.
Riviera is a brand new company but really have over 30 years of background. Now the question that anybody already have in mind: "Why a new company? What can you propose that can make you successful in this business?".
Well, because we put the human kind in the centre of hifi universe. We develop our electronic starting from a deep investigation on human perception, physiology and psyco-acoustic process.
On this side, my partner Luca Chiomenti, could better explain the technical view behind Riviera. I invite everybody to visit this link where the really "basics" are explained in a short and easy way http://www.rivieralabs.com/en/project/technology/
Moreover, we really did our best to built such an innovative electronic with the best italian style, materials and craftsmanship. Just to mention the two more evident, the front and back bands are machined from 80 mm solid aluminum, the painting process consist of 11 different steps. Everything has been pushed at the top of italian excellence.
What Gian60 forgot to tell, is that the AIC-10 is our Headphone Amplifier! For sure can drive almost any speaker but has been design to be the world best headphone Integrated amp!
Here is the other finish we offer "matt metallic titanium".
AIC-10 Titanium small.jpg

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Silvio,
i forgot to tell that this is a headphone amplifier because i am not interesting in headphone,but i appreciate the fantastic performance with my speaker.

Please write also in other thread to bring here,a fantastic forum of fantastic people,your big experience in hifi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing