Where do you place your equipment???

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'm not sure how much work it would take in your room. In mine I just needed different speaker cables and to swap an outlet to a better one :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Folsom, I've been speaking to my cables guy. An option is to alter my current pair 2m spkr cbks to c.6m, thus moving every thing incl monoblocks to side wall.

This would get rack and floor sited tt c.3m from my spkrs, and critically get my tt away from current position that is <1m from downfiring subs.

Tbh, this is the main reason I'm considering the move.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Folsom, I've been speaking to my cables guy. An option is to alter my current pair 2m spkr cbks to c.6m, thus moving every thing incl monoblocks to side wall.

This would get rack and floor sited tt c.3m from my spkrs, and critically get my tt away from current position that is <1m from downfiring subs.

Tbh, this is the main reason I'm considering the move.
Why not leave the monos chez les enceintes?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hi Christoph, because my cable guy is less confident on losses over long rca interconnects runs than he is on long spkr cbls or pwr cbls runs.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi Christoph, because my cable guy is less confident on losses over long rca interconnects runs than he is on long spkr cbls or pwr cbls runs.
Thanks

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well Christoph, I have to counterbalance potential signal losses in longer spkr cbls and a couple of pwr cords, and possible risk of side wall site coinciding with a node, versus the benefits of freeing up the interspeakers space, and especially getting my floor sited Stacored tt away from it's current position of 1m from downfiring subs, to 3-4m separation .

Reactions: christoph

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I don’t see anything being a problem. A node? Maybe that would be bad but cable lengths can’t be too much given the space isn’t enormous.

Really it’s your call. At least it’s something to do, to try. I’ve really enjoyed not having the visual noise, too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing