Also i am wayting

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Sunday day is not finish yet
In Italy are AM 11.46
Also i am wayting

Sorry guys, while Elliot was kind enough to drop off the cables and help me install them last week, I came down with something that prevented me from adequately auditioning the system. Truth is, while sick, I just couldn't get a good listen and I decided to use "my down time" to just burn it all in.

Having said that, this is by far the best my system has ever sounded; by a long shot. As I originally stated these cables are made beautifully and are just add so much more detail, bottom end control and three dimensionality than what I thought was ever possible from my system. They are a huge upgrade from Nordost.

I just want to state, that this weekend I plan to do the following as my system was literally transformed with an all Gobel cable system given Elliot's kindness to literally drown me in all these cables rather than doing a one by one replacement so it is hard to get a good handle on what is doing what.

First let me just say, for me, the biggest bang for the buck was by far the speaker cables. Amazing difference between them and my Nordost. The Gobel PC to my MSB and USB came next into my system and made a huge difference as well, not quite as much as the speaker cables and that is something I would really like to evaluate as individual variables. I plan on, over the next few weeks, comparing my go to USB, the Curious Cable to the Gobel as both are now well burned in. The PowerCord to the MSB is a no-brainer and no further comparison on that is necessary (immediately apparent, but more on that in the coming weeks). I would like to isolate the Gobel USB cable to evaluate it as an individual variable. The caveat of course is that regardless of its benefit or not, my plan is to still wait for a final evaluation of USB v. Ethernet when MSB releases their new renderer module and ultimately compare those and the Gobel versus alternatives in each.

The other variable I want to isolate is, now that the XLR is fully burned in, the Gobel v. Nordost. So much changed so quickly that as I have said, it is hard to give an individual analysis of each. Same with the 15 and 20 amp Gobel power cord that were recently added to the CH Precision.

So the system sounds FABULOUS with all broken in. I will continue my analysis of all the different pieces as to rank, according to my preferences, which I think is the best of the lot and where one gets the best bang for the buck in a hopefully somewhat objective manner by analyzing each component individually. My bias of course is that it ALL will make a difference but for the sake of dollars, I want to be honest as to where I think, if one is considering these amazing components, where, if it were me (and likely will be me), where I would start and add to as $$ allow.

Sorry about the delay in my response but my evaluation with a stuffed head would have been useless. Still have some residual but feeling much better and looking forward to the weekend and will followup.

Howie

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Howie, what Nordost line are your referring to in your comparison?

Sorry I realize I didn’t say on this thread but on another. I have been using all Nordost Valhalla 2 cables etc.

RCottin

Oct 21, 2017
Hi Elliot,
Finally received my Statement speaker cables a couple of days ago. Some limited burn in so far, but wanted to share my initial views. They are replacing my Nordost Valhalla 2 cables, which I considered excellent cables (still do, just in a different level). The first thing I noticed right out of the box is silence, not only silence (or black background as often referred to) when there is no sound, but silence around the sound, hard to explain with words but notes seem to come absolutely free of any artifice from beginning to natural decay, just floating. I never realized how much "noise" around the sounds my previous cables had, like grain on a photo or some similar concept. Goebel are less strident, again previously I never noticed stridency in my system, but now sound is less incisive, but not recessed; far from that, it actually has more detail and presence, all in a good natural way. Dynamics are outstanding and a big step above. Bass is interesting, I would say that with the Maggies, bass overall level remained about the same, but could not be more different in character. While the Valhallas showed more (lets call it) bloom and bloat, the Goebel show incredible control and definition, reaching much lower registries. The synergy of the 20.7´s with my room is quite good and the level of detail they show now is just incredible. At this stage my plan is to migrate to a complete Goebel cable setup, one step at the time, as they are not cheap.
Thank you for the advice to get them, and will report back when have more time with them (apologies for any misspelling but as you know English is not my first language)

RCottin

Oct 21, 2017
For reference purposes, my system include TW-Acustc AC3 Black Knight Mods
2x TW-Acustic 10.5 Arms, Lyra Atlas, Miyajima Madame Snakewood
ARC Ref 10 Phono, ARC Ref 10 Pre, ARC Ref 750SE
Magneplanar 20.7 (temp, replacing Nola Baby Gold Reference while new set acquired)
Nordost Valhalla 2 interconnects, Goebel Statement speaker cable
SRA rack and bases

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Ricardo your English is great and thank you for sharing your thoughts as well as the Priaptor preliminary report. I am hoping to hear Howie's system, if he feels better, Sunday evening and it should now have 6-7 days of music played through it and be fully ready to go.
These cables are really excellent in their ability to have the blackest background and the least noise possible. I think this is a lot of what Oliver was working on with the different materials that he uses in making of the cables and how he terminates and damps them.
He explained a lot of this to me when I was in Munich but I am no scientist and it went over my head LOL.
It is however what you are experiencing and what provides the great dynamics and the ability to see within the sound stage like never before. I am thrilled to hear it works so well with your ARC gear since you have the top of what they produce.
Please report what you find and stay safe down there!!!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
First let me just say, for me, the biggest bang for the buck was by far the speaker cables. Amazing difference between them and my Nordost. The Gobel PC to my MSB and USB came next into my system and made a huge difference as well, not quite as much as the speaker cables and that is something I would really like to evaluate as individual variables.

Dear Howie,

I hope you are as healthy as ever now. I also caught a flu from my son and has been sick for two weeks now. Music doesnt sound so musical at all when you are sick.

Anyway, from my experience playing with powercords, interconnect and spkr cables, with a brand that has a distinctive sonic signature like Goebel, you inject any cord into the system first you will hear its signature most dramatic there at the first injection. Then you keep replacing and put in second,third, forth, the effect will become less dramatic each time. When I say sonic signature, I only mean in a positive way with Goebel and some other brands. Not implying it colors or anything like that.

As someone who spend so much money on pc, interc and spk cables, if you go single brand full loom Goebel, the speaker cables are likely to be most expensive, I recommend to inject it to your system first and then other cables. You will feel most rewarded given so much money you spent :D. Just a trick to fool myself to justify paying insane money on cables :p. I might be making fun here and there but it is my truth living with this hobby. And I am a person that wholeheartedly think I wouldnt have the level of sound I am enjoying from my system at the moment without the expensive cables I am using.

I am glad to hear your are enjoying listening to music more than ever from your system with Goebel.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The first thing I noticed right out of the box is silence, not only silence (or black background as often referred to) when there is no sound, but silence around the sound, hard to explain with words but notes seem to come absolutely free of any artifice from beginning to natural decay, just floating. I never realized how much "noise" around the sounds my previous cables had, like grain on a photo or some similar concept. Goebel are less strident, again previously I never noticed stridency in my system, but now sound is less incisive, but not recessed; far from that, it actually has more detail and presence, all in a good natural way. Dynamics are outstanding and a big step above. Bass is interesting.

Sir,

What you described was the exact experience I first encountered with the Lacord (or is it LeCord?). You are very good at putting what you heard into words. I tried the power cords and the phono cable. They were easy to move around and doest look messy in the back stage too.

Kind regards,
Tang

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
Hello all together,

Many thanks for those excellent auditioning descriptions of our Lacorde Statement cables. I’m always happy to read those reports. I really appreciate it and actually it is the biggest gratification for me. This is exactly why we and I spare no efforts - we want to bring you closer to the real emotional music experience.

Please continue reporting, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know.

All the best,
Oliver

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hello all together,

Many thanks for those excellent auditioning descriptions of our Lacorde Statement cables. I’m always happy to read those reports. I really appreciate it and actually it is the biggest gratification for me. This is exactly why we and I spare no efforts - we want to bring you closer to the real emotional music experience.

Please continue reporting, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know.

All the best,
Oliver
Getting ready to leave to drive to Howie's to do some listening now that all should be burned in and he has recovered from his "bug". Should be interesting and its really a beautiful day here, should be a good evening to listen.
Hope all is good with you Oliver!

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
Getting ready to leave to drive to Howie's to do some listening now that all should be burned in and he has recovered from his "bug". Should be interesting and its really a beautiful day here, should be a good evening to listen.
Hope all is good with you Oliver!

We are doing just great Elliot, many thanks for asking. I hope everything is also very well on your side. Have an awesome day and have fun listening at Howie’s place.

All the best,
Oliver

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Dear Howie,

I hope you are as healthy as ever now. I also caught a flu from my son and has been sick for two weeks now. Music doesnt sound so musical at all when you are sick.

Anyway, from my experience playing with powercords, interconnect and spkr cables, with a brand that has a distinctive sonic signature like Goebel, you inject any cord into the system first you will hear its signature most dramatic there at the first injection. Then you keep replacing and put in second,third, forth, the effect will become less dramatic each time. When I say sonic signature, I only mean in a positive way with Goebel and some other brands. Not implying it colors or anything like that.

As someone who spend so much money on pc, interc and spk cables, if you go single brand full loom Goebel, the speaker cables are likely to be most expensive, I recommend to inject it to your system first and then other cables. You will feel most rewarded given so much money you spent :D. Just a trick to fool myself to justify paying insane money on cables :p. I might be making fun here and there but it is my truth living with this hobby. And I am a person that wholeheartedly think I wouldnt have the level of sound I am enjoying from my system at the moment without the expensive cables I am using.

I am glad to hear your are enjoying listening to music more than ever from your system with Goebel.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi Tang,

My system is really special. The testament in my opinion is that Elliot, who I have known for close to 25 years came over last night for a big listening session that lasted 5 hours. In all my years of knowing Elliot, this is literally the first time he kept his mouth shut and just listened to the music I selected (no audiophile stuff) and was just in awe. None of the typical audiophile cut versus that one, etc or comparing this to that with the typical superlatives being thrown around. Just listening. I had already done hours and hours of listening between Friday night and before he came over last night and I knew what he was in for. I gave him one instruction; tonight we are just going to listen to music. I was amazed at his silence during the session. During some live stuff, I laughed as he was clapping along with the audience. Those of you who know Elliot I know will be laughing when reading this, but they system, now with all Gobels cables and the CH Precision M1 is absolutely stunning.

Howie

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi Tang,

My system is really special. The testament in my opinion is that Elliot, who I have known for close to 25 years came over last night for a big listening session that lasted 5 hours. In all my years of knowing Elliot, this is literally the first time he kept his mouth shut and just listened to the music I selected (no audiophile stuff) and was just in awe. None of the typical audiophile cut versus that one, etc or comparing this to that with the typical superlatives being thrown around. Just listening. I had already done hours and hours of listening between Friday night and before he came over last night and I knew what he was in for. I gave him one instruction; tonight we are just going to listen to music. I was amazed at his silence during the session. During some live stuff, I laughed as he was clapping along with the audience. Those of you who know Elliot I know will be laughing when reading this, but they system, now with all Gobels cables and the CH Precision M1 is absolutely stunning.

Howie

Thanks Buddy!! LMAO
Last night was certainly a GMIA ( great moment in Audio)
I just wrote a little about my thoughts in the CH M-1 section since my mind has been permanently changed about solid state amps. I think that in all the times we have listened together we never just listened to 5 hours and not say a word.. Please email me the details of the first album you played with the live Folk Rock band. I wrote about Anders Osbourne in the M-1 section I still can't believe how good that sounded last night.
I don't want to talk about the cables since the system did all of that in spades. Oliver has accomplished something extraordinary and the result in your home was just...... Special
The combination of the M-1, cables, speakers, MSB and the room is Magic.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Hi Priaptor !!!

How does improve you Goebels during break in time?
Any news?

King regards

With time the most noticeable improvement, especially with the speaker cables, is depth of image. The width is there almost from the beginning but in terms of the WHOLE soundstage it all just blossoms. My biggest recommendation to anyone getting these would be to listen,be awed at first listen by the accuracy of low end detail and just leave your system on for a week and come back later.

While I was impressed by first listen it’s what it turns into after Oliver’s recommended 100 hour break in.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
With time the most noticeable improvement, especially with the speaker cables, is depth of image. The width is there almost from the beginning but in terms of the WHOLE soundstage it all just blossoms. My biggest recommendation to anyone getting these would be to listen,be awed at first listen by the accuracy of low end detail and just leave your system on for a week and come back later.

While I was impressed by first listen it’s what it turns into after Oliver’s recommended 100 hour break in.

I agree with Priaptor that the cables although excellent sounding straight from the box really "grow"in depth and dimension as they get playing time/ One hundred hours is a guide line and will produce about 90-95 percent of the cables abilities. Oliver told me that they will continue to improve over the 100-300 hour area when they are completely broken in. I look forward to listening again to Howie's amazing system by the next time they sound be 100 percent burned in.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

http://hifipig.com/gobel-lacorde-statement-usb-and-ethernet-cables/

New review of some the cables in Hi Fi Pig
FYIElliot

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing