Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Of course the review is of the ONLY cable you haven't placed in my system. However, these cables are fantastic. Appreciate you "letting" me be your guinea pig.

You do have one of the cables in the review and you didn't want the other one because you DAC wasn't properly set up to accept it no???????

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Of course the review is of the ONLY cable you haven't placed in my system. However, these cables are fantastic. Appreciate you "letting" me be your guinea pig.

its time to reorder with only a few pieces left on the opening order. I am pleased that everyone that listened to the cables bought the Lacorde cables and has sold or traded in their existing cables.
This is exciting and a great positive reinforcement that what I heard and what Oliver is making is really special.
Thank you

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You guys are funny! :D

Elliot, are the speakers on the way?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
You guys are funny! :D

Elliot, are the speakers on the way?

Hi jack,
I am glad we amuse you LOL
I have to call Germany and check this week.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm very excited for you! Keep us posted! :)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I'm very excited for you! Keep us posted! :)

I am excited as well and hope that I get the same type of reaction to the speakers as I have to the cables. 2018 is going to be an exciting year we are showing in April at Axpona and I plan to attend the Munich Show and perhaps do RMAF as well.
It should be fun and interesting.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
May I ask which version of the Époque speakers are you planning to get?
I have ordered all of them.
I have the Reference, Fine and Wall speakers coming for display.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Great. Many thanks for the feedback. Any reviews planned for the Reference? CH Precision are using the Reference in their listening room and Goebel are using the CH M1s in their listening room so I guess that says a lot about the synergy between these great products.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Great. Many thanks for the feedback. Any reviews planned for the Reference? CH Precision are using the Reference in their listening room and Goebel are using the CH M1s in their listening room so I guess that says a lot about the synergy between these great products.

To be honest I have no idea if they are at anyone's for review. I don't have any plans to give a pair on extended loan since I can't afford to do that but you can hear them at the Munich show this May ( i assume) and I will have a pair of speakers at Axpona this April but it will probably be the fine because of the size of the room.

Last edited:

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
To be honest I have no idea if they are at anyone's for review. I don't have any plans to give a pair on extended loan since I can't afford to do that but you can here them at the Munich show this May ( i assume) and I will have a pair of speakers at Axpona this April but it will probably be the fine because of the size of the room.

Many thanks for the feedback.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Many thanks for the feedback.

I am hoping to have them here before Elliot opens his studio. I am his “proverbial guinea pig”. As I have NOLA Concert Grands which is one of the greatest speakers that few have heard I will look forward to the comparison and report my findings. I have yet to hear a combination that I like better than what I have now but I always have an open mind. Yes I have an M1 here so I can get a good feel between the two.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
I am hoping to have them here before Elliot opens his studio. I am his “proverbial guinea pig”. As I have NOLA Concert Grands which is one of the greatest speakers that few have heard I will look forward to the comparison and report my findings. I have yet to hear a combination that I like better than what I have now but I always have an open mind. Yes I have an M1 here so I can get a good feel between the two.

Great. Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We will be showing the speakers at Axpona in April 2018 with CH Precision Electronics and I am thinking of doing RMAF as well later next year. Have to stay tuned for that as we havent made a decision yet.
I am looking forward to Axpona as it will be the first US Showing for Bending Wave and the speakers
Happy Holidays

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I had the pleasure of another evening of music at Priaptor's home ( aka Howie) last night. We listened for about 4 hours to a lot of different music and the one thing that keep popping into my head wsa how PURE the system sounded. It has been working amazingly well but it seems to have fully broken in with all the Gobel cables and the CH Precision M-1 amp and it just sounds amazingly pure. The other thought I had while listening was it has the weight and feel of music. I am not sure exactly how to explain what I mean but many systems lack the foundation of a drum, the bottom of the piano, the resonant character of the string bass. They play the note, or the leading edge of the sound but lack the body and the weight. Howie played some older pieces that I might have heard in the past but they sounded new to me .Steve Wilson's sax mixed with steel drums , Bruce Katz's keyboards and particularly his piano on "contrition" was just scary good. The cables I want to highlight what Oliver Gobel has been able to design and execute are quiet, yes dead quiet with no external or internally generated noise. I know many would say Elliot what the heck are you talking about but you need to experience what they do.
When listening to other cables the music seems to be affected by a non black background, we have tried a few other brands over the years and I don't think it serves any purpose to name them, and none of them are able to have the music flow and float with this incredible sense of YOU ARE THERE. I am not a wordsmith and I want to convey what I hear and felt and the word that keeps coming back is PURE. These wires with the CH Precision M-1 and the MSB Select 2 and producing magical evenings.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing