Power Cord for NBH-18NS

Cascais

Nov 5, 2012
Portugal
Having settled n with my NHB-18NS with new batteries, I've learned to use the BTM feature whereby the preamp uses AC while keeping the batteries on full charge like a laptop. While not as good as battery operation, this mode is okay when not listening closely, as when reading, etc. The advantage is that the batteries are always charged up for serious listening. So I have a question. Operating on AC, would the 18NS benefit from the use of an aftermarket power cord? I suspect it would but would appreciate your input.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I imagine it would just as it does on an Aurender W20 when the batteries are down. If you like what's on your 108 I'd put the same.

Cascais

Nov 5, 2012
Portugal
I imagine it would just as it does on an Aurender W20 when the batteries are down. If you like what's on your 108 I'd put the same.

Thanks for the reply. I never use stock power cords but since the 18NS plays on battery power the stock cord is adequate for recharging. However play it through AC and it is a different story so this morning I attached a Nordost power cord and the result is smoother with more bass. BTW I use a Shunyata Anaconda on the 108.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Slightly OT Cascais, however my family had a wonderful stay this summer in your eponymously named named home town after a few nights in Lisbon. The seafood was superb and the weather was perfect - can’t wait to return!

Cascais

Nov 5, 2012
Portugal
Slightly OT Cascais, however my family had a wonderful stay this summer in your eponymously named named home town after a few nights in Lisbon. The seafood was superb and the weather was perfect - can’t wait to return!

You are forgiven for being OT and thank you for the kind words about the Portuguese Riviera, from Lisbon to Cascais. Portugal had a lot of visitors this year, and Lisbon is one of the hottest destinations in Europe; Cascais is charming as you found out. I hear that the Spanish come for the food, and the wine is very good. Moreover there is a very active high-end scene in Lisbon with three large stores, whose staff come to your home to set up your purchases, plus an annual show. Glad you had a good time here and hope that you return some day. Volta para Portugal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing