Mindhunter

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
New on Netflix
Fincher did the first two episodes, I believe.
It's look is very retro and colors are muted.
Have seen the first 3 so far. Has Finchers feel all over it IMO. Seems like a cross between the X-Files and the movie Zodiac. Not an action show but interesting so far, some may find it slow at times.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I've got to check it out, thanks Ron for the tip. David Fincher I like his flicks.

"The series is produced by David Fincher and Charlize Theron among others, and debuted on Netflix on October 13, 2017. Mindhunter was renewed for a second season in April 2017, six months before its series premiere."

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I like it. More of an "examined life" history about the difficulties and barriers involved in establishing the study of psychopathology in the FBI for prediction and apprehension purposes. It has none of the "Criminal Minds" instant psychic divination/profiling baloney, at least not in the first several episodes.

The agents involved struggle to explore what is going on, at first with a lot of resistance from the macho traditions of law enforcement. The show gets excellent performances from all the actors, even the ones playing the various psychos. The dialog is crisp and dense. Good scriptwriting plus good acting.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Let's add to this a little more.

1. Not a Netflix family Series. Don't go there with your wife and children.
2. Particularly during this Holiday Season.

3. The dialog is incisive.
4. The atmosphere of the time period is palpable.
5. The locales and cinematography and decor sets impeccable.
6. The actors performance well rooted.
7. The music tunes, the music tunes and the music tunes.

I preferred it over Dark, also on Netflix.

I'd give it 81 overall...with the two very important reservations above.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm in Season 2 from just recently.

@ Ron; you started this thread almost two years ago, we don't hear from you anymore.
I asked here in the past if anyone have heard of your whereabouts...no reply unfortunately.
If you aren't alive anymore and passed away roughly couple years ago; I think often of you.
R.I.P. Ron /// You were a peaceful friend (one of the best peaceful) who loves the Blues, like I.
_____

I've read this short review earlier...it's a good review.
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/76552/mindhunterseason2.html

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing