Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Atlas SL arrived

Hi Gian,

I must say that the Etna SL truly challenges the Atlas. The Atlas is explosive with lots of drive and energy. The Etna SL is delicate top to bottom with tremendous detail not just falsified in the higher registers but right through the spectrum and natural. I might say it is more "natural" sounding than Atlas right now.

On the Quads, my preference is for the the ESL. I have since let the USA Monitors depart- the were great but I am partial warts and all to the ESLs. The ESL 57s have been totally rebuilt by Wayne Piquet. Phenomenal- using them recently with Bedini, Futterman and the outstanding Wyetech 211c.

I understand there is quite a Beveridge following in Italy?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Source: Brinkmann La Grange + RonT, Brinkmann 12.1, Kuzma 4 Point, Koetsu RSP, Lyra Atlas, GFS, Lyra Etna SL
    Front-End: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with Volume Controls + 2 Power Supplies, Marantz 1 Consolettes , 7C
    Amplifier(s): Custom Direct Drive OTL for Beveridge ESL, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3, Marantz 2,5,8B
    Speakers: Beveridge Model 3, Quad ESL , Quad USA Monitors
    Subwoofers: REL S2 x 2
    Room: 18 'x 40' X9'
    Stand(s):Double-wide Finite Elemente Pagode
    Dedicated Lines x4

you can check

www.thesoundofthevalve.it
    enter in web and open Beverage club italia
    you will find a lot of information

i also had Bedini and Futterman in past years
    I like a lot esl 57 but i will love yours,never listen esl 57 modified,will be amazing

Regards

After 5 months away my 6 year old Atlas returns with an Atlas SL makeover. Etna SL will have a well deserved rest.

Name:  atlas sl.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  256.1 KB
    Source:TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Exclusive P3 & P10, Technics SL-1000MK3D, Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s, Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon DL-S1, ESC'd 103R, Audio Tech AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik/Thoress phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03 EQ: ​​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: cj GAT, Amps: cj teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo, Speakers: Wilson Maxx3 -Townsend Supertweeters

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Very nice...enjoy !
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    After 5 months away my 6 year old Atlas returns with an Atlas SL makeover. Etna SL will have a well deserved rest.

Curious what you find when you have a few hours on the clock. Congratulations !
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

Congratulations,

Please keep us up dated on your impressions. I have the Etna SL and the Atlas- mightly impressed by the Etna SL to date.
    Source: Brinkmann La Grange + RonT, Brinkmann 12.1, Kuzma 4 Point, Koetsu RSP, Lyra Atlas, GFS, Lyra Etna SL
    Front-End: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with Volume Controls + 2 Power Supplies, Marantz 1 Consolettes , 7C
    Amplifier(s): Custom Direct Drive OTL for Beveridge ESL, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3, Marantz 2,5,8B
    Speakers: Beveridge Model 3, Quad ESL , Quad USA Monitors
    Subwoofers: REL S2 x 2
    Room: 18 'x 40' X9'
    Stand(s):Double-wide Finite Elemente Pagode
    Dedicated Lines x4

Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    Curious what you find when you have a few hours on the clock. Congratulations !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin View Post
    Congratulations,

Please keep us up dated on your impressions. I have the Etna SL and the Atlas- mightly impressed by the Etna SL to date.
    Watching also.......
    Paul

Power - Torus 75 amp WMT. Furutech NCF Lines, Flux-50s, Outlets, PC's. Star ground.
    Cables - Nordost Valhalla 2 and Odin (phono).
    Analog Source- ARC Ref 10 Phono. Acoustic Sig Ascona MKII, TA-9000 arm, Lyra Atlas.
    Digital Source- MSB Reference DAC, Femto 33.
    Amplification - Soulution 721 Pre and 501 Monos.
    Speakers - Raidho D3.1
    Room Acoustics - Acoustic Frontiers Design, RPG Plates, Absorption and Diffraction, and Custom Helmholtz Traps.
    Stands - Solid Walnut by Timber Nation.

I am waiting the new SUT from Lyra for my Atlas SL
    Now i use in current with CH P1,will be interesting if will be better with his new SUT and CH in MM
    For my previous and friend experience i think could be little better with more dynamic and body,but until you don't try you don't know.

My friend has Atlas with Lyra SUT Erosion and phono Fosgate and he tell with SUT is much better

Sorry,ERODION sut

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast