Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlas SL arrived

Atlas SL arrived

I am very crazy for cartridges,since always,so yesterday visiting Italian distributor of Lyra,Audiograffiti
    i saw one and i bought.

Yesterday Audiograffiti,that i know since 35 years, invited me for the presentation of new Spectral mono DMA 500 and Mr Fryer did presentation for Spectral 40 anniversary and very good food around 12.30

The system was
    Spectral 4000 SV with preamp 30 SV and new amp DMA 500 with speaker Lansche 5.2 and top MIT cable
    Sound was good but i always listen Spectral,also this little light on mid bass with voice with few body and little bright,but better than the old.

I listen many times Atlas from friends and i like because is very fast,open,dynamic with good bass and also deep and a lot of details,but i founded little less natural,or little electric than Opus and Coralstone.
    I never listen SL but i read that sound is more natural than normal Atlas si i am curios to listen this in my system
    Atlas reach Coralstone diamond,GFS,Opus 1,A 95,Audiotekne,Spu A 95,so in future when will arrive Torqueo with or Ikeda 407 or Saec 506 i will do test changing headshell easily

On Bergmann now is difficult to change cartridges for his litz of tonearm very very thin

I had 12 years ago Lyra Titan and Koetsu Jade Platinum.
    Titan was fast and open but little electric sound and Koetsu was more natural but little dark and with mid bass little heavy.Italian distributor told me the new stone Koetsu made in the last years are different from models of 15 years ago,more modern sound

Regards

Name:  IMG_1345.JPG
Views: 487
Size:  140.2 KB

The number AS 025 is the serie number where AS means SL
    Normal Atlas has AT and mono Atlas has AM

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    I am very crazy for cartridges,since always,so yesterday visiting Italian distributor of Lyra,Audiograffiti
    i saw one and bought ...
    I listen many times Atlas from friends and i like because is very fast,open,dynamic with good bass and also deep and a lot of details,but i founded little less natural,or little electric than Opus and Coralstone.
    I never listen SL but i read that sound is more natural than normal Atlas si i am curios to listen this in my system
    Atlas reach Coralstone diamond,GFS,Opus 1,A 95,Audiotekne,Spu A 95,so in future when will arrive Torqueo with or Ikeda 407 or Saec 506 i will do test changing headshell easily
    Congratulation Gian. Hope you change clothes more than carts . We are similar kind. The Atlas SL can be very "show off" at first. I can understand why Marc Gomez likes this cart on his arm...because it even further compliment the ability of his arm in digging out info from the groove. Give it some time and it will build more meat on the bone. Still skinny though. I like it a lot with strings.

I have Atlas SL, Coralstone, Anna, Opus, Palladian, Etna Mono coming, GFS gone and a ZYX when destiny strikes one day. It will take some time to learn them. After that I can send the one you dont have to you for testing. Will be fun.

Kind regards,
    Tang

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    I think both Mike and Gian today in separate threads admitted to being crazy.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    I think both Mike and Gian today in separate threads admitted to being crazy.
    crazy = passion = better living.

what we all want.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Sunnyboy1956's Avatar
    Hi Gian
    Congrats on the Atlas SL. If it’s anything like the Etna SL it will be superb
    Pradeep
    Amps: Wavac HE833V2 on Sistrum 101 stands
    Preamp :CJ GATs2
    Speakers: Rockport Aviors + REL G1x2
    Phonostage :Nagra VPS+VFS+MPS,SUTs Lyra Erodion, Airtight ATH2
    Turntable :TW AC with BN mods, Garrard 401
    TonearmsDurand Talea2, Kairos , Ortofon 309D
    Cartridges:MC Anna,Etna SL, Miyajima Madake
    Digital :Musical Fidelity KW 25dac+Transport
    Cables :Cables Audiomica,Poland, Lyra Phonopipe
    Power :Triton V2+ Typhon, all PCs Shunyata Sigma HC etc
    RCM : KLaudio