Favorite Food?

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Starter at Le Cantorbery in Dinan. We try visit this place most years, excellent steaks cooked over their wooden fire also.

05B0D564-ED2E-401F-8CCD-D4309D219B60.jpg

Last edited:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Gary, better lobster there than at Francisco’s Centro Vasco at 159 West 23rd Street???

Actually, the lobsters are a tie. Both are fantastic. Both are world class for lobster.

We have been to Francisco's about 15 times (we found them first) and El Quijote about six or seven times over the last 15 years. We go to both places and like them both very much. We enjoy a lobster orgy almost twice a year. They are both about 20 blocks from the theater district so it's a brisk walk after the theater. When we go there, it's usually after a matinee. If we ate lobster first, we would probably sleep through the theater.

The salads and "pre-lobster" courses at El Quijote are better. 226 West 23rd St. They are only a block from each other.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Gary. I am glad to know that my high regard for Francisco’s was not misplaced! :)

I always considered Francisco’s a lobster-lover’s dream restaurant (lobster-wise, not decor-wise or ambiance-wise, of course).

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Thank you, Gary. I am glad to know that my high regard for Francisco’s was not misplaced! :)

I always considered Francisco’s a lobster-lover’s dream restaurant (lobster-wise, not decor-wise or ambiance-wise, of course).

You're welcome. You can't go wrong at either restaurant.

Don't forget to have the red Sangria along with the lobsters at Francisco's.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..baby back ribs...filet mignon...but if ice cream flaps your shutters Graeters from Cincy is as good as it gets

https://www.graeters.com/

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Here is the greatest Thai dessert. Mango and sticky rice steamed with coconut milk.

33F84158-7CBA-4B88-97A1-D7FD32A8596B.jpg

Tang

Reactions: Tim Link

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I'm very easy to please. Real 1960s Brooklyn pizza that I grew up with. Nothing fancy (no crap on it) just done right. As a kid in Brooklyn, my two favorites was under the EL on Kings Highway and the Pizza Den at the junction (Junction of Nostrand and Flatbush). As a teenager, I grew up on Ave J Di Fara Pizza, which is now "heralded" as the best pizza in NY and some say in the country. It was good but that is stretching it. Bloomberg made the place famous over the last 20 years as that was his "spot". That was "our" corner to hang out so I am pretty much saturated with it and never really gave it the nod.

I have been extremely disappointed with my visits to NYC in search of "really good pizza". I have my scale. It's a logarithmic scale. Between Hoboken, Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn haven't found anything above 8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Di_Fara_Pizza

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I was simply reading this thread because who doesn't like good food.
Lobster, seafood, Eastern seaboard, USA and Canada and France and Italy and Vietnam and Hong Kong and Thailand and ... etc.

The best food I had was like a romantic walk under the full moon by the ocean; Italian, Greek, French, Canadian, etc. ... on land and on the ocean (boats).

I had great food in Quebec, in Gaspe, in Alma, in Montreal, in Quebec City, in British Columbia, in Alberta, in Victoria, in Vancouver, in Banff, Jasper, travelling The Rockies, working the West coast by boats, I had good food in Mexico, travelling both coasts of the USA, I love seafood, crab, lobster, etc.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/best-seafood-restaurants-around-the-world
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...017/06/15/best-lobster-restaurants/102634912/

Some of the best smokemeats I had was in Montreal and in Vancouver.
The best Pizza I had was in Quebec, near Montreal.
The best spaghetti in Quebec and Victoria and Vancouver.
The best filet mignon near Montreal and Vancouver.

If I was rich I would travel the world to eat the best food from all the best restaurants and local paradises. I wouldn't mind going for good while being in ecstasy over a succulent meal, like having a cosmic orgasm. It's a way of speech to say that dying while being fulfilled beats many other ways. And the best food is not a bad way @ all, I'm thinking.
_____

https://youtu.be/AkpRyT4i5gA
https://youtu.be/9SoPrwBCpyo
https://youtu.be/5jfk8IL0ATI

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
My moms cooking and my grandmothers German baking, unfortunately non of which I get to enjoy anymore. RIP
Other than that a properly done burger.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Best money I spent was on a two year tuition at Le Cordon Bleu for my wife.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Good threat to bring back! I bet we've all been cooking more. I've been perfecting my Salmon recipe, it uses maple syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice + hot peppers, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Cooked on a cedar plank on a hardwood charcoal grill.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
For me it is Italian. Plenty of that here in the Philly area. Love me some of that gravy. However, I could really go for a nice oily Italian Hoagie with shavings of Sharp Provalone cheese. That will do the trick tonight! Been about a year.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Good threat to bring back! I bet we've all been cooking more. I've been perfecting my Salmon recipe, it uses maple syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice + hot peppers, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Cooked on a cedar plank on a hardwood charcoal grill.

Dave, I don’t eat fish but my wife does and she cooks her own salmon on wood planks. I showed her your post and she said it looks delicious.

Reactions: DaveC

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Pistachio Frozen custard from a place in Brighton Beach Brooklyn NY, on the boardwalk about a half Mile from Coney Island. Im a life is short, dessert first kind of guy, wife eats all the heathy stuff..

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
I love cooking. In the attached photo, my fish on risotto milanese dish. I love to entertain and I even have music pre-selected for various dinner occasions, but in most cases, good Italian food with fresh products - easy and quick to make - has no competition on a daily basis :) French onion soup is one of my specials :) As in audio, it's all about the attention to detail :) Simple dishes with fresh products rule the scene, though :)

Attachments

• 17D9CFE8-B494-42DB-8415-8A8D71881C3A.jpeg
    17D9CFE8-B494-42DB-8415-8A8D71881C3A.jpeg
    563.1 KB · Views: 13

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
2 top five for sure. Both at home.

Colossal Stone Crab Claws only available in the Gulf of Mexico.

Spicy pan seared Alaskan Halibut Ruben Sandwich with or without oven fries. Yes, just the same Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut and 1000 Island Dressing.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    883.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0499 2.JPG
    IMG_0499 2.JPG
    519.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    742.1 KB · Views: 12

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
I like bananas. I state this as an observation about myself rather than a strong opinion. Every meal I'm looking for a banana. I'm constantly running out of bananas and buying more. It's not that I think they taste particularly good, although they taste fine. It just seems that I always feel that having one or two or three along with whatever else I'm eating is the thing to do whenever I'm hungry. I'm probably pretty radioactive!

Reactions: brad225 and Folsom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing